C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Delco Bose CD player 'fix'

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 03:51 PM
F22
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 211 Posts

Default Delco Bose CD player 'fix'

Still have the original Delco Bose CD player in the 95' and finally 'fixed' it. It had trouble reading many CD's. It easily skipped whenever the car rolled over an expansion crack or railroad tracks.

For $4.29, I fixed it. I brought a Maxell CD-AUTO Automobile CD Lens Cleaner (it is auto audio specific and for use on Automobiles only). Add shipping and it was about $7. Found it on Amazon.com

I figured that with 15 years of use, the unit had to pick up some dust, so what the heck.

It worked exactly as advertised and there is no more skipping on the expansion cracks or railroad tracks (I go over a good number of them coming into the plant where I work). Sounds a little better too. It still won't read really damaged CD's, but it doesn't give me an error nearly as often as it used to either.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:07 PM
socalman
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by F22
Still have the original Delco Bose CD player in the 95' and finally 'fixed' it. It had trouble reading many CD's. It easily skipped whenever the car rolled over an expansion crack or railroad tracks.

For $4.29, I fixed it. I brought a Maxell CD-AUTO Automobile CD Lens Cleaner (it is auto audio specific and for use on Automobiles only). Add shipping and it was about $7. Found it on Amazon.com

I figured that with 15 years of use, the unit had to pick up some dust, so what the heck.

It worked exactly as advertised and there is no more skipping on the expansion cracks or railroad tracks (I go over a good number of them coming into the plant where I work). Sounds a little better too. It still won't read really damaged CD's, but it doesn't give me an error nearly as often as it used to either.
Good find! I'll have to try that
Old 09-21-2010, 09:25 PM
mike100
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

maybe for a few dollars I could try it on mine, but it doesn't work at all- just spits out the CD after a read.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:22 AM
corvette95
Melting Slicks

Received 97 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by mike100
maybe for a few dollars I could try it on mine, but it doesn't work at all- just spits out the CD after a read.
You need either Doctor Don , or Rich at Same Day Audio. Either one will replace the lousy cd laser with a sony unit and then it will read CDR's . About $150.... worth it...yes!

Get notified of new replies

To Delco Bose CD player 'fix'

Quick Reply: Delco Bose CD player 'fix'