C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Audio System/Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 06:53 PM
JC7
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Audio System/Help!

What the best audio system and speakers the best deal to put my 96 C4 coupe??? This my son's ride, thanks!
Old 03-15-2011, 09:37 AM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

It is all a matter of what you want to spend and how it sounds to you. Pretty much any Double Din will work.

I have been super happy with Kenwood DNX6140 (which is discontinued I think). It has GPS, DVD Video, ADSP Bluethooth, HD Radio, USB, rear camera, with Infinity Kappa speakers and a small sub. I suppose an amp would have been nice but I did not add that.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Nick DL
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JC6
What the best audio system and speakers the best deal to put my 96 C4 coupe??? This my son's ride, thanks!
What are you looking to spend? What are you looking for in a system? The car can handle a double din or a single din with adapter.

I decided to go with a single din in my 95. I put a Pioneer 5100B in with XM sat. It does the trick for me. I thought about the Kenwood 6140 but decided that the vette is not a year round DD that it was not worth the money.

I did however put the Kenwood into my wife's car and I must say, it is a great unit. I am kind of regretting not putting one in the vette too.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:48 PM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

price wise I would go with a quality Alpine/single din and Infinity speakers. If price is not an option I would go double din Infinity, alpine or pioneer, alpine amp, and Focal speakers.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:26 PM
rob-cyn
Drifting

Received 84 Likes on 43 Posts

just did it myself. Pioneer double din with kicker speakers, a 10 Fosgate sub with a small amp, rearview camera
Old 03-16-2011, 04:53 PM
JC7
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by rob-cyn
just did it myself. Pioneer double din with kicker speakers, a 10 Fosgate sub with a small amp, rearview camera
Thanks for the infor!
Old 03-16-2011, 09:53 PM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Flame Red
It is all a matter of what you want to spend and how it sounds to you. Pretty much any Double Din will work.

I have been super happy with Kenwood DNX6140 (which is discontinued I think). It has GPS, DVD Video, ADSP Bluethooth, HD Radio, USB, rear camera, with Infinity Kappa speakers and a small sub. I suppose an amp would have been nice but I did not add that.

I'm big on keeping with the original Bose system the car came with. It works well and sounds real good. But it does not do all those fancy functions that yours does.

But I got to say it tempting to go to the other side as your system looks great and real clean, best I have seen. Having all the bells would be nice though.

Hopefully there would be other newer Kenwood units that would fit as well.

Get notified of new replies

To Audio System/Help!

Quick Reply: Audio System/Help!