Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 05:54 AM
TommyVercetti
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C4 - Acrylic roof

Hi!

As you know, a C4 is a bottomless pit of money
I spoke some days ago with a person who sell an acrylic roof in very good condition.
I’d like to know if I can assemble a C4’89 acrylic roof, in my C4’84. Are there any way? Thanks!

Regards!
Roberto.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:10 AM
PAINTER MAN
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

If you change the mounting brackets on your windshield header it will fit. The brackets will cost you around $100.00.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:58 AM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

The problem with making this top fit by changing the brackets is, once this one fits, the original top won't fit...I would wait to get the right top...WW
Old 09-15-2011, 05:53 AM
TommyVercetti
Cruising

Thanks for your responses.

I wanted to say, any way to assemble the acrylic roof & my other roof, whenever I want.
I think I'll wait to find an 84' acrylic roof.

Regards ,

Roberto.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:55 AM
HlhnEast
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Keep looking, one will find you. I waited and searched for about 4 months to find a solid top and as I recall there were more acrylics available. As said conversion is possible with some years but do a search here for compatible year models. IIRC its the later years that can be converted, something to do with bracket center to center spread.

Here is a link to a sponsors website that details the mounting bracket differences. Look at the bottom of the pic.

http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/corve...1986early.html
Old 09-17-2011, 04:33 PM
TommyVercetti
Cruising

Originally Posted by HlhnEast
Keep looking, one will find you. I waited and searched for about 4 months to find a solid top and as I recall there were more acrylics available. As said conversion is possible with some years but do a search here for compatible year models. IIRC its the later years that can be converted, something to do with bracket center to center spread.

Here is a link to a sponsors website that details the mounting bracket differences. Look at the bottom of the pic.

http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/corve...1986early.html
Thanks "HlhnEast", but my big problem is that I live in Spain, and where I live is easier to see (for example) one ferrari than a simple corvette C4.
In Europe, american cars, aren´t so common than I'd like, and the people (like me) whose love these cars is difficult to find any 2º hand parts in good condition.

Best regards,

Roberto.

Get notified of new replies

To C4 - Acrylic roof

Quick Reply: C4 - Acrylic roof