Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Rear Hatch Release

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 12:16 PM
wazup
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, found some time today. I checked the resistance. Wires are good. I plugged the jacks of the multimeter into the relay inlet and outlet ports, provided a signal from the remote and got indication (12V) that a signal was transmitted to the outlet of the relay. Also check put the negative end at the end of the wire connecting to the solenoid and performed the same test and got the same results... again the relay and wires seem to be fine. I am guessing that I need to purchase a new solenoid. Will be calling Chevrolet dealership for a price. Any ideas of the cost for the solenoid? In will change it out myself. Looks easy enough. After performing checks, I reviewed GOLDCYLON's thread. Data is correct. Thanks, I will fill you guys in when I get results.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:24 PM
wazup
Advanced

Called Chevrolet dealer today and parts department indicates that the part (solenoid release mechanism) is no longer in stock and no dealer in US has the part on the shelf. His only suggestion was an aftermarket device. Any thoughts out there? Anyone know where I/we can purchase an aftermarket part?
Old 11-18-2011, 02:46 PM
3D87C4
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Found two for sale on ebay (searched for corvette rear hatch solenoid) and found this repair thread on another forum:

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...id-repair.html

You might want to give Shawn at http://www.corvettenutz.com/ a call.

Last edited by 3D87C4; 11-18-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:28 PM
wazup
Advanced

Thanks for the heads up. I probably will not attempt to repair but it sounds like something I may try at a later date. I am contacting the ebay sellers.
Thanks for the information. I was calling dealerships and repair shops to see if they had parts. It is always nice to have others willing to assist.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:51 PM
3D87C4
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

FWIW, Shawn is a forum vender. I called him a week or two ago about some parts I was looking for and really appreciated his "I'll work with you to meet your needs" attitude. I eventually found what I needed NOS, but won't hesitate to call him again.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:20 PM
wazup
Advanced

I got a solenoid from an E-bay seller 'Cute Dogz' out in California. Installed it yesterday and it works fine. Thanks for the e-bay heads up, 3D87C4. Read other comments on Corvette Forum and Cute Dogz came through. Problem solved.
Thanks for the help guys.

Quick Reply: Rear Hatch Release