C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Bad Bose Radio Reception

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 10:23 PM
sleepingtiger
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Bose Radio Reception

Does anybody else get lousy reception w/Bose system? My 1994 C4 is in storage right now, but in about a month I have to address this. It might just be that the antenna is unplugged or something else simple, so I figured I'd ask you guys. I get MUCH better reception with my stock radio in my '99 Z34 Monte Carlo! Night & day!

Thanks-in-Advance,
Tony
Old 02-28-2012, 10:38 PM
rx4arx
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had a similar issue. Actually, 2 issues.

The 1st year I owned car, it was a real bother. I tracked it down to the connection of the antenna cable in the compartment where the jack is stored. seemed to be loose connection - taped it and better 10x.

Now I have similar issue and I have found that if I reach behind the passenger seat and press down -about where the antennae cable passes along the rear deck, it sometimes improves. I wonder if there is another connection there and will have a look when storage ends.

The symptom is that the radio (usually am only) simple fades or gets very staticy.

I had the dash apart before storage and resecured the antenna on radio back. Aftermarket unit.

Hope this is useful.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:29 AM
sleepingtiger
Intermediate

Mine is the stock unit, but thanks for the tips!

Tony
Old 02-29-2012, 03:08 AM
Analog Kid
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would also lean toward you having a loose connection somewhere. My antenna doesn't even go up and I still get decent reception. The easiest area to check is the amp/cable connection behind the passenger seat/underneath the jack. From there you could trace the cable towards the back, around the rear hatch plastic trim cover to the driver side rear inner fender well. I seem to remember the connection from the cable to the actual antenna either being inside the wheel well or the hatch area. The antenna cable is black and looks a lot like tv cable.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

My 1995 pulls in FM stations better than my 2004 Colorado truck. Don't know about AM, never listen to that frequency.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:48 PM
nutz4c4
Melting Slicks

Get notified of new replies

To Bad Bose Radio Reception

Quick Reply: Bad Bose Radio Reception