Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speed channel "Car Warriors"

they are going to hack up an 1986
Old 04-11-2012, 09:24 PM
JackDidley
Race Director

Received 231 Likes on 163 Posts

Show pretty much sucks. Since I have a C4, I'll watch.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:40 PM
ch@0s
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

I missed half of it
Old 04-11-2012, 10:01 PM
LePore
Instructor

how did you like the headlight conversion on the black car?
Old 04-11-2012, 10:15 PM
JackDidley
Race Director

Received 231 Likes on 163 Posts

I dont care for body mods in general. Or wild paint. Should have went with a single color.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:20 PM
ch@0s
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by LePore
how did you like the headlight conversion on the black car?
I have a lot of respect for what they did ..their own thing. The fit between the front bumper and facia would have broke it for me.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:17 AM
dukeallen
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JackDidley
Show pretty much sucks. Since I have a C4, I'll watch.
That says it all.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:15 AM
ejscarfo
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ch@0s
I have a lot of respect for what they did ..their own thing. The fit between the front bumper and facia would have broke it for me.

I was yelling at the screen...the dog and my wife looked at me like I was nuts. The hood line up was terrible and I didn't care for the cheap Knight Rider take on the headlights. I'm sure ZIP had the headlight conversion kit in that parts room that would of looked better. I do have respect for both teams for doing their best on a car they had little or no experience working on in the past.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:21 AM
mtnmanut
Racer

Originally Posted by LePore
they are going to hack up an 1986
THERE NOT GOING TO HACK UP A 86 VETT; THEY HACKED UP TWO 86 VETTS; LOOK AT THE BRIGHT SIDE, TWO MORE PARTS CARS
Old 04-12-2012, 01:02 PM
dukeallen
Melting Slicks

The first trivia they showed onscreen was that the car was introduced in 1986. Right. It was all downhill from there.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:15 PM
VETTEDETTA
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just want to be able to watch this show! Anyone got a recording hosted online?
Old 04-12-2012, 01:43 PM
blakngold4life
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just watched it on-demand... There isn't very much I like on either car, The red teams lights, mirrors, and gas cap I thought were atrocious and out of place, the blue team seemed to take the easy way out with switching out all the body panels. From what was shown neither interior really looked good, maybe thats why they minimized what was shown. They talked about improving the suspension but I never saw them do anything with it. I was really expecting more out of this episode.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:12 PM
87Vetteowner
Instructor

dukeallen:

The 1986 Corvette was introduced in 1986

What they failed to mention, the C4 line was introduced around March or April of 83

blakngold4life .. Improving the suspension on a C4 ? Not many real ways to do that. With the exception of replacing rubber bushings with polyurethane and maybe swapping out sway bars to the Z51 or 52 suspensions. Other than that, not much you can improve on. Sure there are things you can tweak a bit, like camber , caster , toe in, but those are most things for autocrossing, track racing, etc. For a street driven car, the original Vette suspension is still superior to most anything out there. Even better than the C5 or 6 in some folks opinion, mine included.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:20 PM
dukeallen
Melting Slicks

I'm no '86 expert, but if it was like any other US car it went on sale in Fall '85
Old 04-12-2012, 03:26 PM
87Vetteowner
Instructor

dukeallen ..

you get the idea though

Some people just dont like to do much research. After all, the C4 and all Corvettes are very rare. you dont see many on the street.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:31 PM
dukeallen
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 87Vetteowner
dukeallen ..

you get the idea though

Some people just dont like to do much research. After all, the C4 and all Corvettes are very rare. you dont see many on the street.
So true. I live in a blue collar townhouse community. There are two C3s, a C4 convertible along with my coupe, a C5 and a C6. Rare as an honest politician
Old 04-12-2012, 03:32 PM
blakngold4life
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 87Vetteowner
dukeallen:

The 1986 Corvette was introduced in 1986

What they failed to mention, the C4 line was introduced around March or April of 83

blakngold4life .. Improving the suspension on a C4 ? Not many real ways to do that. With the exception of replacing rubber bushings with polyurethane and maybe swapping out sway bars to the Z51 or 52 suspensions. Other than that, not much you can improve on. Sure there are things you can tweak a bit, like camber , caster , toe in, but those are most things for autocrossing, track racing, etc. For a street driven car, the original Vette suspension is still superior to most anything out there. Even better than the C5 or 6 in some folks opinion, mine included.
There are plenty of ways to improve the suspension, especially on the 86. Sway bars, adjustable springs, adjustable shocks/coil overs, weight reduction/relocation, bushings, x-brace/stiffening bars, targa bars, camber braces and im sure im missing some. Not a single one of those was addressed at all, they didn't even lower the car! I agree that for a street car it is sufficient, but when one of the factors they are judged on is "suspension" and they talk about how it handles "better than stock", I just sit there and scratch my head since they did not address this at all or change anything, but "judge" the teams on it.

Get notified of new replies

To speed channel "Car Warriors"

Old 04-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Slow_Lane
Racer

I've held my tounge so far but...

why does this show have to suck so much? The basic premise is there - two teams modifying cars but OMG did the producers ever #@*$ this up.

Here's how it could be awsome:

1. Make the engine swap optional...just WTH is the difference between the "awsome" 2x4v 350 chevy and the single 4v 350? What if the team could have had the option to keep the L98 and add a supercharger? Swap just HCI?
2. No points for car audio.
3. Choices and details about things like transmission, rear end, exhaust & so on.
4. Points for details like working lights & instrumantation- I mean they are supposed to be building a "street" car so this stuff should matter.
5. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL....actual data from the performance tests...what is each car's ET? Which is faster through the cones? Which stops fastest from 70mph? Which can drive 50 miles without breaking down?
6. Last should be the -very subjective - scoring on appearance which should focus as much on quality as "bling"
7. Lose all the made up "mangina" drama between the hosts. Take it to the track and let the BS stop there.

I would be excited to watch a show like that. There would still be ample opportunities for sponsors to showcase their products and if you think about it all of us who actually own and buy stuff for our cars are their target audience anyway (meaning the advertisers).

as it is.....
Old 04-12-2012, 05:03 PM
ejscarfo
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Slow_Lane
I've held my tounge so far but...

why does this show have to suck so much? The basic premise is there - two teams modifying cars but OMG did the producers ever #@*$ this up.

Here's how it could be awsome:

1. Make the engine swap optional...just WTH is the difference between the "awsome" 2x4v 350 chevy and the single 4v 350? What if the team could have had the option to keep the L98 and add a supercharger? Swap just HCI?
2. No points for car audio.
3. Choices and details about things like transmission, rear end, exhaust & so on.
4. Points for details like working lights & instrumantation- I mean they are supposed to be building a "street" car so this stuff should matter.
5. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL....actual data from the performance tests...what is each car's ET? Which is faster through the cones? Which stops fastest from 70mph? Which can drive 50 miles without breaking down?
6. Last should be the -very subjective - scoring on appearance which should focus as much on quality as "bling"
7. Lose all the made up "mangina" drama between the hosts. Take it to the track and let the BS stop there.

I would be excited to watch a show like that. There would still be ample opportunities for sponsors to showcase their products and if you think about it all of us who actually own and buy stuff for our cars are their target audience anyway (meaning the advertisers).

as it is.....
he's makes a valid point
Old 04-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Sweet 90
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not sure and have since erased the show, but did any one notice for a split second that it looked like they were putting the C3 crossed flags on one of the cars?

Quick Reply: speed channel "Car Warriors"