Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

C4 Gas pedal mount

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 08:26 PM
6Fld Engr
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really hate to ask, he said knowing 400 hundred have already used that line. Just joined tonight after breaking mine on the way home. Would like a metal replacment. think I skipped over some of the pricing posts, but hey. Its a Vette, it's worth it. My Jeep on the otherhand gets bailing wire and bubblegum.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:38 PM
ggrassmid
Instructor

I broke mine on my 85. I also have an 86 that I may as well replace while I'm at it.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:23 AM
1 fast GS
5th Gear

Default C4 gas pedal problem

Hey guys, Im new to the forum and still trying to find someone who can make me a complete assembly. ( pedal, pivot arm, bracket, etc.) out of steel or something strong. I have a 1985 heavily moded c4 thats been my track drag car since 1989. I have been going for about 4 years trying to make a full pass through the traps without the car falling on its face @ the 1000 foot mark! untill one day i thought to check for wide open throttle! after discovering only 1/2 open throttle plates I adjusted the linkage and solved a four year mistery! finaly a 9 second pass. After all these years changing out pumps, fuel lines, tank, intake, induction, etc etc. I couldnt believe it was something so simple. I had to make another pass down the track to verify and guess what! back to square 1 again. After further investigating, I realized that the gas pedal arm that is made of some kind of stamped steel was bending, not giving wide open throttle. So the car has been put away untill I can find a solution! If anyone can make me a complete bullet proof assembly Please respond. Thank you so so much!!!
Old 11-11-2015, 07:14 AM
Gibbles
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 151 Posts

Old thread however I managed to break the gas pedal mount on my 84 while taking my wifes coworker out for a little ride.
Right as trying to do a doughnut I heard a loud pop, and it felt like the little rubber pad had fallen off of my pedal.

It was not until I got home I saw the damage.

Doing a quick search I found this thread, seeing the age I started to worry, however there is a seller on ebay selling these puppies thankfully.

So anyone looking for this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/C4-Corvette-...-/301558901819
Seller is Corvettebin

Good stuff, the hardest part was getting the throttle cable disconnected, getting it back on was pretty slick, once you hook it a little tug locked it in place.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:56 PM
Matthew Hall
Heel & Toe

Default pedal

Originally Posted by 856SPEED
same here
did you have to do any fabrocating when u changed over to the 94 pedal?
GM 12551528
Old 03-30-2017, 08:19 PM
mazdaverx7
Le Mans Master

Received 559 Likes on 399 Posts

If I had the tooling still, I would be producing these and selling them. The guy I was working with moved and lost interest in building them. If I can talk him into doing it again, which I would like to do, we will start offering them. Had nothing but happy customers with the pedal brackets we made.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:26 PM
Matthew Hall
Heel & Toe

Default Pedal

Originally Posted by mazdaverx7
If I had the tooling still, I would be producing these and selling them. The guy I was working with moved and lost interest in building them. If I can talk him into doing it again, which I would like to do, we will start offering them. Had nothing but happy customers with the pedal brackets we made.

damn yeah the be great the plastic ones are a joke.. but good news is I believe ecklers corvette is talking with their tech department they may start building a metal bracket.. did the 94 pedal fit right in that u used?
Old 03-31-2017, 12:56 AM
James93LT1
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

http://www.uniquecutting.com/products/

Quick Reply: C4 Gas pedal mount