C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Help on Timing

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 11:57 PM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 342 Likes on 313 Posts

Originally Posted by JackDidley
If you drive the car after a restarts the SES will go out anyway. Saves resetting the radio and clock.
The connector I showed goes ONLY to the ECM, so opening it will reset the ECM and the settings for the radio and C68 HVAC will be retained.

Originally Posted by MrWillys
Disconnecting the ESC bypass sets an SES light. Once it is plugged back in the SES light goes out, but the stored 42 code stays until removed by clearing with a scanner, or resetting the ECM by removing power for a short time.
The ECM will also clear stored codes if it sees 50 ignition-on events without any errors.

Last edited by Cliff Harris; 07-12-2013 at 12:02 AM.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Uncle Phippy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I must have something going on, so I need to invest in a scanner. I unplugged the little connector and on restart it did not appear for maybe 10 seconds then it set again. I drove the car on a 240 mile round trip yesterday afternoon and it did well. The P.O. installed new tires and wheels prior to my purchasing the car. After about 60 miles, the "service LTPWS" came on. My theory is, the new wheels probably are not set up with the senders. I will have to figure out how to bypass that light on the DIC so I don't have to look at it all the time. I am new to a Corvette of any kind and 240 miles on a warm summer night with the top down, "Now it just doesn't get much better than that".

Quick Reply: Help on Timing