C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Where to buy Weather Stripping

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 09:26 PM
boxer141c
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy Weather Stripping

I am looking for a place to buy a complete Weather Stripping Kit. Where is the Cheapest place? I looked at EBAY and found a kit for $395. seems a bit expensive to me. My main concern is the Targa top, rear hatch and door seals.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:35 PM
J W Drew
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by boxer141c
I am looking for a place to buy a complete Weather Stripping Kit. Where is the Cheapest place? I looked at EBAY and found a kit for $395. seems a bit expensive to me. My main concern is the Targa top, rear hatch and door seals.
Cheapest can be a nightmare. I recommend Wilcox for the best quality and best results.
JW
Old 08-30-2014, 10:44 PM
bigsamc4
1st Gear

There are some in at this site : http://www.parts123.com/corvettecentral/partsort.pta?catalog=cadefibF&addcat=63
Old 08-30-2014, 11:47 PM
cigr
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just replaced my front and rear pillar weatherstrips with new ones from Wilcox. Really good fit, and nice weatherstrip. Take a look around, you'll find they have some coupon codes which make them a little more affordable.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:15 PM
Ozzstar
Pro

Received 256 Likes on 75 Posts

I purchased the outer door seals and hatch seal from Wilcox. I was pleased with the quality for the price.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:40 PM
gerardvg
Melting Slicks

Received 188 Likes on 169 Posts

Wilcox is no 1 forget the rest, yes you can get cheap weatherstrips however you will need to slam the door to shut it and it may not seal you do not want water dripping on your girlfriend/wife they will not want to go for a ride in your car again.

Like most on this forum i made the mistake of going for cheap stuff, i had the "Metro" stuff. It leaked all the time while rain or just washing the car, also the doors would not close without really slamming them.
The "it will soften in time" is bulls#$t.

I went to Wilcox weatherstrips and there are no more leaks, also the doors close easy. There is not that big a price difference and the wilcox weatherstrips are nice andc soft similar to the original.

http://willcoxcorvette.com/product_i...ducts_id=23999

Old 09-01-2014, 09:18 AM
boxer141c
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gerardvg
Wilcox is no 1 forget the rest, yes you can get cheap weatherstrips however you will need to slam the door to shut it and it may not seal you do not want water dripping on your girlfriend/wife they will not want to go for a ride in your car again.

Like most on this forum i made the mistake of going for cheap stuff, i had the "Metro" stuff. It leaked all the time while rain or just washing the car, also the doors would not close without really slamming them.
The "it will soften in time" is bulls#$t.

I went to Wilcox weatherstrips and there are no more leaks, also the doors close easy. There is not that big a price difference and the wilcox weatherstrips are nice andc soft similar to the original.

http://willcoxcorvette.com/product_i...ducts_id=23999

Thank guys, Wilcox it is. Unfortunately I missed there 20% off discount on Friday I have sometime before I have to purchase so hopefully they have another sale
Old 09-01-2014, 12:29 PM
cigr
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank guys, Wilcox it is. Unfortunately I missed there 20% off discount on Friday I have sometime before I have to purchase so hopefully they have another sale
They run sales pretty constantly. Sign up for their email alerts.

Get notified of new replies

To Where to buy Weather Stripping

Quick Reply: Where to buy Weather Stripping