Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

1990 Corvette VS 2012 Altima coupe 3.5 SR

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 04:51 PM
gradywhite931127
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

Please take a video of this when it happens, I can't wait to see the nissan owner's reaction!
Old 12-06-2014, 04:55 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by gradywhite931127
Please take a video of this when it happens, I can't wait to see the nissan owner's reaction!
LMAO I sent him this thread and now he's really annoyed lmao Yes I will definitely be video taping this and his post reaction. He just told me to video tape the race against my stingray also ( longtube headers/CAI/Dyno tune) that's the mods I'll do within first month. He told me video tape his car vs mine and show how overpriced mine is when it barely beats an altima. The sad part is he is NOT trolling lol If you know this guy you would understand.

PS - Alan, if you're reading this... You're a PUTZ
Old 12-06-2014, 04:59 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

I hope he signs up to this site so he can tell us how he put two cars on a C6 Z51 coupe on the highway!!
Old 12-06-2014, 05:59 PM
MaxDaemon
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thegame
I hope he signs up to this site so he can tell us how he put two cars on a C6 Z51 coupe on the highway!!
Did the C6 know he was racing?
Old 12-06-2014, 06:00 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by MaxDaemon
Did the C6 know he was racing?
I know he didn't but he swears he did lol
Old 12-06-2014, 06:17 PM
volkswagens-for-life
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

lol thanks btw I love your town. Every year my best friend and I go down for the bills home opener and another game or two during the season. I was hoping this would be the year we would get to the playoffs but it's not looking great
Oh nice!!!! And thank you. Next time your in town let me know! I stay away from the bills stadium but I'd definitely meet up with you.

LMAO I sent him this thread and now he's really annoyed lmao Yes I will definitely be video taping this and his post reaction. He just told me to video tape the race against my stingray also ( longtube headers/CAI/Dyno tune) that's the mods I'll do within first month. He told me video tape his car vs mine and show how overpriced mine is when it barely beats an altima. The sad part is he is NOT trolling lol If you know this guy you would understand.

Hi Alan Looking forward to this altima race.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:13 PM
gradywhite931127
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

Lol sounds like he's just a stubborn Chevy/corvette basher.. The numbers alone don't add up for him to be even close to your c7, and that's not taking into account weight differences, superior aerodynamics etc.. Your car is a pure muscle/performance car, it's made for speed and handling and now is even offering luxury and comfort. A Nissan Altima is just a regular everyday family type of car not made to race, handle, or reach significant speeds. I'm willing to bet that you'd beat him from 0-60 while in reverse...
Old 12-06-2014, 08:21 PM
MaxDaemon
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

while in reverse...
Old 12-06-2014, 10:02 PM
ch@0s
Le Mans Master

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Philsphan
My dad had a 91 z28 when I was a kid with the L98 said he always beat mid to late 80s c4s... I don't know how true his claims are lol... He said they would always bang on there steering wheels when they lost because they paid 15-17k more for a car that lost... Maybe his car was a factory freak lol or fact that had map density instead of MAF idk... I never understand why Chevy has always had the same exact v8 powerplant in V8 Camaros as in the corvette since the mid 80s... My dad said chevy was always numb nuts for doing that... It undercuts vette owners kind of
ALL the people your dad raced suxed.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:38 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Lol sounds like he's just a stubborn Chevy/corvette basher.. The numbers alone don't add up for him to be even close to your c7, and that's not taking into account weight differences, superior aerodynamics etc.. Your car is a pure muscle/performance car, it's made for speed and handling and now is even offering luxury and comfort. A Nissan Altima is just a regular everyday family type of car not made to race, handle, or reach significant speeds. I'm willing to bet that you'd beat him from 0-60 while in reverse...
Lol the kids a mess. My buddy with the C4 said now Altima boy is talking about seeing if he can upgrade to a 370Z.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:45 PM
DanielRicany
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Lol the kids a mess. My buddy with the C4 said now Altima boy is talking about seeing if he can upgrade to a 370Z.
Not really an upgrade. Sort of just staying in the same league he's at now...
Old 12-10-2014, 08:57 PM
DinoBob
Melting Slicks

Received 366 Likes on 207 Posts

Dear Alan- if you take on a 25 year old car in a drag race it's like being in a fistfight with a midget- either way you lose. If you beat him, he's driving a 25 year old car. If not, you got pwned by a 25 year old car.

Have fun.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:05 PM
volkswagens-for-life
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DanielRicany
Not really an upgrade. Sort of just staying in the same league he's at now...
I beg to differ. The 370z is a pretty damn track-capable car that would give that vette a REAL good run for its money stock vs stock. Of course, modded and the 370z would be gone rather quickly.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:17 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by volkswagens-for-life
I beg to differ. The 370z is a pretty damn track-capable car that would give that vette a REAL good run for its money stock vs stock. Of course, modded and the 370z would be gone rather quickly.
Yea true my wife had a 350z and it was a pretty quick and fun car. The 370z is even better I'm sure and about 50 more horsepower. Any idea what those cars trap?? 105mph? Lower, higher?
Old 12-10-2014, 10:31 PM
volkswagens-for-life
Melting Slicks

0-60 4.5-5seconds and 1/4 12.9's to 13.5's.. depending on driver and year. Pretty quick. They are more of a track car than a drag car though, much like the corvette.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:05 PM
JD Shredds
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

Haha, this thread cracks me up. Its like some people have no concept of time or progressions in technology. For instance, if I were still using the best computer man had to offer in 1990 and some dude with a newer mid-level Dell was like "DERP I HAZ MOAR FASTR POOTER DEN U!!11" I would be like, "...'kay."

The 1990 Corvette was a damn excellent performer when you look at the state of performance cars of the era, especially American.

Oh, and it should still beat that Altima in a drag, granted fairly close. Add some turns and it'll become an easy win.

Originally Posted by DinoBob
Dear Alan- if you take on a 25 year old car in a drag race it's like being in a fistfight with a midget- either way you lose. If you beat him, he's driving a 25 year old car. If not, you got pwned by a 25 year old car.

Have fun.
Exactly.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:53 PM
DanielRicany
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by volkswagens-for-life
Sorry, I'm partial to American cars.

Get notified of new replies

To 1990 Corvette VS 2012 Altima coupe 3.5 SR

Old 12-11-2014, 03:02 AM
greest_lightnin
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

... I never understand why Chevy has always had the same exact v8 powerplant in V8 Camaros as in the corvette since the mid 80s...
I'm not so sure...

4 bolt mains? Aluminum heads?

The only reason I question is because we've seen LT1's listed on CL as "Corvette Motor" that are in fact, not.

Just being inquisitive...

Al

Last edited by greest_lightnin; 12-11-2014 at 03:12 AM. Reason: It's "Craig's List", not "Craig's Gist"...lol...
Old 12-11-2014, 06:46 AM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Received 500 Likes on 395 Posts

***I never understand why Chevy has always had the same exact v8 powerplant in V8 Camaros as in the corvette since the mid 80s... My dad said chevy was always numb nuts for doing that... It undercuts vette owners kind of
They didn't always... This was a deviation from that. Designed by Lotus (then owned by GM) and built by Mercury Marine (NOT owned by GM) the LT5 was a real killer in its day and still a threat today.

With porting and headers, and even keeping the STOCK CAMS, it will put down over 430 rwhp and get 26 mpg at 75 mph and still idle like grandma's LeSabre. However, some died-in-the-wool GM fans don't recognize it as a GM engine. (In fact, it is nowhere to be found in the display area at GM Powertrain's building: everything BUT this motor is on display.)

With new intake designs a la the Coyote, for example, coupled with VVT and direct injection, state of the art in the 'Yote and development across the pond is putting the heat on pushrod mills - most evident by recent years at Le Manns and ALMS races... Just wondering if GM Powertrain is ever going to wake up and smell the coffee. (No offense. The current GM motors are a work of art in their own right!)

Just sayin. YMMV.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:27 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by JD Shredds
Haha, this thread cracks me up. Its like some people have no concept of time or progressions in technology. For instance, if I were still using the best computer man had to offer in 1990 and some dude with a newer mid-level Dell was like "DERP I HAZ MOAR FASTR POOTER DEN U!!11" I would be like, "...'kay."

The 1990 Corvette was a damn excellent performer when you look at the state of performance cars of the era, especially American.

Oh, and it should still beat that Altima in a drag, granted fairly close. Add some turns and it'll become an easy win.

Exactly.
lol That's what my friend originally told him. He's like dude your cars like 2 decades newer, you SHOULD beat my car, but you wont..

Quick Reply: 1990 Corvette VS 2012 Altima coupe 3.5 SR