C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Random(?) Oil issues..

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 03:48 PM
AgentEran
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 180 Posts

Default Random(?) Oil issues..

So over the last few weeks I have been having what seems to be random oil issues in my LT1. It all started after my last oil change. I went 10w30 Mobil 1 high mileage.

About a week after the oil change I got the "Low Oil" idiot light. I promptly checked the oil to find it to be full. So the "Low Oil" light comes on every time I start the car on a cold start. I have been religiously checking my oil level and it has never gone below the operating range, or even been low. Oil pressure is great. So I figured I would look at the sensor at the next oil change.

Now today I got the "Change oil" light as well, and it will not go off. Is this a coincidence?? The oil is barely a month old, and appears relatively clean as well.

Is anyone familiar with the sensor behind the "Change Oil" light?
Old 09-11-2015, 05:34 PM
csthews
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Not an oil issue. The low oil level issue is pretty common. You probably didn't reset the change oil light when you changed your oil. There is a procedure in the Tech/Perfornmance sticky section.
The following users liked this post:
AgentEran (09-11-2015)
Old 09-11-2015, 06:36 PM
AgentEran
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by csthews
Not an oil issue. The low oil level issue is pretty common. You probably didn't reset the change oil light when you changed your oil. There is a procedure in the Tech/Perfornmance sticky section.
So your right. I did not reset at the last oil change & the low oil issue is pretty common.

Thanks for the help Dude.

Get notified of new replies

To Random(?) Oil issues..

Quick Reply: Random(?) Oil issues..