C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Cursed or just Bad Luck?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 08:28 PM
Raskell5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cursed or just Bad Luck?

Okay, I've had my Vette for 4 months now and have NEVER had a problem. Tonight my wife wants to take her mother for a ride so being a "Nice" guy, I let her. Well, lo and behold, an hour later my phone rings and it's her telling me that the car broke down.
Does God hate me or is this just a coincidence? As you can guess, I'm not really happy right now. :mad
Old 09-06-2002, 08:35 PM
CowboyNVette
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Cursed or just Bad Luck? (Raskell5)

Do you know what broke??? Maybe something simple, at least I hope it is...
Old 09-06-2002, 08:38 PM
Raskell5
Instructor

I'm pretty sure it's just he alternator but it's still not making me feel any better. Oh well, I guess with a 13 year old car, you have to expect these things.
I'm just sitting here trying to relax before I go take a better look at her. :rolleyes:
Old 09-06-2002, 08:57 PM
CowboyNVette
Le Mans Master

Well if its an alternator then its a simple fix and you will be back running in no time. Mine had to have the water pump replaced at 11,000 miles and when it happened I thought that it was mighty early to start having problems and hoped it wasn't a prelude to the future of my Vette. But, as it turns out, that was about 4 years and 40,000 miles later, so maybe its not a prelude of things coming....
You know you can have the alternator rebuilt instead of just buying a new one....IN fact there was an article the other day in one of the corvette mags on how to rebuild it yourself....Most alternator problems are not of a serious nature and sometimes very inexpensive to fix.
From my experience of buying new alternators and just having to replace them in a short period of time I think when I do have problems of that sort I will just rebuild mine...

[Modified by CowboyNVette, 6:59 PM 9/6/2002]
Old 09-06-2002, 08:57 PM
Tx07BlackZ51
Safety Car

No, God hates your mother-in-law :crazy:
Old 09-06-2002, 10:09 PM
MaSTeRofDZaSTeR
Drifting

Location: "Drive like Hell, you'll get there faster." Tucson AZ
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Cursed or just Bad Luck? (Tx96LT1)

LMAO good point. :lol:

Then again, maybe your car hates your mother-in-law. No one else drives my car cuz everytime they do, wierd s*** starts to happen like it idles strangely or they claim the shifter sticks. Or it doesn't start correctly. NONE of these ever happen to me and I've been taken it out for regular "exercise" for over 6 months with nothing less than perfect sounding idle and everything. The funny azz thing is, I'd sit in it and I'd show em infront of their faces that it works. My parents had similar experiences and now truly believe my vette is like a modernized "CHRISTINE" from the movie. Hehe only listens to me and starts f*** with other people when they get in. Contrary to criticism it still does it and there hasn't been an empirically logical explanation for it aside from the pseudonimity of the case yet. It even happens to my mechanic. He claims the interior under the hood burned him more than once after the car's been off and cooled last time he worked on it. Needless to say I've been doing many repairs on my own in the last 5 months and haven't had one problem. In fact, it seem to run stronger and stronger every time I get in. And the engine purrs with a powerful rumble like an exotic to me. They say all vettes are different, but this is definitely an extreme to the notion that I've come to accept over time. My car has a simple equation for "mother-in-laws" in any case: Mother-in-law = 50 points. :D Needless to say, my mother-in-law doesn't "approve" of my "automobile". LMFAO. :D
Old 09-06-2002, 10:09 PM
Alchemist
Race Director

NC Events Coordinator

Default Re: Cursed or just Bad Luck? (Tx96LT1)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Get notified of new replies

To Cursed or just Bad Luck?

Quick Reply: Cursed or just Bad Luck?