C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

1984 hit today

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 10:46 PM
ToniJ1960
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Z51JEFF
What State are you in? I haven't read all of the responses here but this is what I know. Act like a pushover and you will get NOTHING,act accordingly and you will get what is due. In Ca get 2 estimates,their insurance chooses the lowest one. Every single day people get screwed by insurance companies because they don't stand up to them. Recently one of my cars got hit. I get the two estimates and meet the at faults INS company's. The guy start off by saying they won't use any new parts on an older car. Once the he guy is finished with his -sales pitch- I tell him,you have the estimates,make the check out in my name,if I don't have a check within 7 days I'll be intouch with the State Board Of Insurance to file a complaint. I had my check within 7 days for the full amount of the damage. My point being be firm,know your rights and don't let up on having your car made whole. Feel free to send me a message if you need some advice. While I don't like having a car damaged I love butting heads with the insurance companies. Why is it always the same run around when it comes to this BS.

Im in Missouri her insurance company at first called me, and asked me to make some recorded statement. I told them since I hadnt talked to my ins co yet, I would agree but anything that I felt I wasnt comfortable answering I would tell them I was and that would be that. They agreed and tried to trick me up on the streets and directions but I lived here all my life.

They even told me my passenger `didnt count` as a witness as he wasnt `independant`. I said fine then you dont need to talk to him, and avoided arguing.

The reason I wanted to have it done somewhere I chose was that I didnt see any advantage to taking it to `their place`. The shop I found in my area had specialized in working on Corvettes in the past (I didnt know I just liked the way they talked when I called ) Some places said they would just refer me to somewhere else since the car was so old.

I havent got it back yet so I will see how they do and if they take care of my old car instead of abusing it like some places will with a car thats not new or near perfect.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:54 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 643 Likes on 420 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by ToniJ1960
Im in Missouri her insurance company at first called me, and asked me to make some recorded statement. I told them since I hadnt talked to my ins co yet, I would agree but anything that I felt I wasnt comfortable answering I would tell them I was and that would be that. They agreed and tried to trick me up on the streets and directions but I lived here all my life.

They even told me my passenger `didnt count` as a witness as he wasnt `independant`. I said fine then you dont need to talk to him, and avoided arguing.

The reason I wanted to have it done somewhere I chose was that I didnt see any advantage to taking it to `their place`. The shop I found in my area had specialized in working on Corvettes in the past (I didnt know I just liked the way they talked when I called ) Some places said they would just refer me to somewhere else since the car was so old.

I havent got it back yet so I will see how they do and if they take care of my old car instead of abusing it like some places will with a car thats not new or near perfect.
In Ca you choose the repair facility,the insurance company does not dictate how or where the car is repaired. A passenger not recognized as a witness is a new one. The he reason they suggested a repair facility was they get a price break. You need to get ahold of the State and get a copy of the Consumer Bill Of Rights. The State has a Department of Insurance.
Old 07-14-2023, 11:13 AM
Sleazy Rider
Le Mans Master

Received 490 Likes on 373 Posts

Sorry, wrong forum. Somehow this duplicated from C7.

Last edited by Sleazy Rider; 07-14-2023 at 11:21 AM.

Quick Reply: 1984 hit today