Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Corvette Central??

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 07:18 AM
ghoastrider1
Le Mans Master

Received 265 Likes on 240 Posts

I used CC in ordering a complete true exhaust system. Took just a bit longer than I expected but was pleased with what I received.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:30 PM
Kens94
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by unclet1
What did you order? If you don't mind me asking?
Targa blackout, it's an inside cloth cover to keep the sun out as I have a bronze targa.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:36 AM
JimLentz
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 250 Likes on 239 Posts

I have ordered from them a few times and generally it has worked out well. The best deal I got was when I ordered a full exhaust system for a '77 and they had a special for free shipping.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:55 PM
73n95
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Doing business on line has gotten much more difficult over the years. While I still find the best service comes from the ones who actually do business via phone the entire buy sale has become a different animal than it used to be. I purchased an interior part on line that was less expensive than new just because a tab (minor) was missing. Turned out to be from one of the major parts houses like CC or Midamerica. Most of the crap on ebay is actually from one of the major suppliers.Other car parts I get from miscellaneous sources, like Partstrain, Rockauto, Carparts. I think there is really only one big parts house and all parts come from them. I have far greater satisfaction buying from my local NAPA. I've noticed that many of them use the Amazon business model. That is you buy a bunch of parts from them and they arrive from other places all around the world. It is indeed a global marketplace.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:14 PM
DriveV8Faster
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Just got an email from CC that the 22mm rear sway bar bushings are back ordered an additional month. This is rediculous. Never using them again. I don't even know who to order these from right now that's not gonna give the same issue...
Old 05-23-2017, 03:18 PM
Renfield
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 170 Posts

Given the general lack of love for the C4, I'm happy to have any vendors at all.

If you advocate for a lack of vendor support (boycott is a nasty word), you limit everyone's options.

Don't tell anyone, buy I even use Ecklers.

Old 05-23-2017, 07:58 PM
ChumpVette
Safety Car

Received 1,290 Likes on 872 Posts

Originally Posted by DriveV8Faster
Just got an email from CC that the 22mm rear sway bar bushings are back ordered an additional month. This is rediculous. Never using them again. I don't even know who to order these from right now that's not gonna give the same issue...
You ordering Poly or Rubber?
Old 05-23-2017, 08:34 PM
DriveV8Faster
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ChumpVette
You ordering Poly or Rubber?
Poly
Old 05-23-2017, 08:53 PM
ChumpVette
Safety Car

Received 1,290 Likes on 872 Posts

Originally Posted by DriveV8Faster
Poly
Go to summit, amazon, or www.suspension.com
Old 05-25-2017, 08:33 AM
jimmers
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I've purchased a lot of parts from Corvette Central over the years. Have always had a good experience with them. The shipping rates to Canada are very reasonable.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:22 PM
gerardvg
Melting Slicks

Received 188 Likes on 169 Posts

Have used Corvette central and Eckler's.
They both have taken the money from credit card instantly, even though they did not have the part ... sometimes a month to get it ..

Until recently CC was my favorite, I ordered a new MAF for my 85.
To replace the MAF that had a break at the electrical connector, it did not like it when I team cleaned the engine.

I expected a proper Bosch MAF like standard but got some copy,
it would not idle and when I mentioned this to CC they could not care less..... My business over the last 15 years meant nothing to them, needless to say I ordered and got the correct MAF from Ecklers.

Will never do business with CC again

This is what I had.

This is what I got and not compatible .... where is the hot sensor wire?

Old 05-27-2017, 12:21 PM
jdlclam
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 27 Posts

I recently ordered a Windjammer from them. Over a week went by without hearing anything so I reached out to customer service only to find out that they do not stock the product, it is shipped directly from the manufacturer. Would've been really nice to know that ahead of time.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:31 AM
C4in mesa
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Kens94
I'm curious what type of experience everyone has had with them. Reason I ask is that I ordered a part that said "In Stock ready to ship" but after a week with no correspondence indicating shipped I emailed them to find out that it actually is backordered. I ordered April 24. They said ships 5/15. Now they say June 15. Sorry but I think this is poor service. I would not have ordered when I did if it said backordered. What experience has everyone else had? I don't think I will order from them again.
First it sucks you had a bad experience. Shame on them. Contact them and be nice and you will get good service if they screwed up. I've been buying from them for many years and have always been treated well. Be patient about shipping. Some of this stuff comes from other vendors and they are buying it through them at a price low enough everyone is happy. Corvette America for example is one that comes to mind. You never know about shipping? Some items will come in a couple days while others two weeks depending. Try eBay for Corvette parts.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:21 AM
sboying
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck with about 10 orders in the last year. A few items back-order, have to be patient. Just installed their stock 2 1/2 mufflers and ran new 2 1/2 pipe to headers. Very pleased with the sound. Oh, and I always wait for their shipping specials for bigger orders.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:23 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

Save up your parts for the shipping specials

Quick Reply: Corvette Central??