C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

95 tranny problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 05:43 PM
lectroglide
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 95 tranny problems

Just got done replacing the water pump which did fix the over heating problem, so heres the latest BS>>>>>> as I was driving to a big corvette meet noticed the tranny wasn't acting right and started slipping and would not shift into OD.

Id take off from a stop and it would stay in 1st so I hit the gas and it would slip "rev up" and finally went into 2nd, but somehow it was stuck in 3rd and would not shift into OD !!!so I limped along 35 MPH @ 3K RPM to its resting place till help came

so we got it into a nearby city called a flatbed and had it towed 80 miles back home .........tranny fluid looked to be ok and didn't smell burnt, so what were thinking is it could be something computer related or a problem inside the trans, which I don't even wanna think about!!!

NOTE ............. A day before this happened was driving down the road and noticed before going into OD it would slip but finally went in

95 C4 85K miles
Old 09-04-2017, 11:03 PM
Nick DL
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know your pain. This happened to me a couple of years ago on Thanksgiving. It's most likely the 3-4 clutch pack in the tranny. Apparently from what I've read online, it's common in the GM lineup. Long story short, tranny rebuild!!! Good luck!! Hopefully it's not that for you, but it sounds exactly like what I experienced.

Quick Reply: 95 tranny problems