C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

SAT Nite Cruise my C4 a Lotus and a Porsche Carrera, Time for Fun

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 10:16 AM
robertpel9
Safety Car

Received 174 Likes on 48 Posts

Default SAT Nite Cruise my C4 a Lotus and a Porsche Carrera, Time for Fun

It was a boring yet warm Sat night this past weekend so i asked my girl if she wanted to just go cruise around downtown Providence in the vette with the top off well we ended at a 3 lane onramp to I-95 with a Porsche to one side and an older Lotus Esprit to the other suprisingly everyone had a girl with them and seemed to be out doing the same thing as me. We all exchanged waves and everyone was cordial. The light tuned green and the porche and i just took of in a normal manner. Well the Lotus punched it. The Porche owner looks at me and we both nod and nail it. To make a long story short we caught the lotus passed him then both pulled off and chatted. He said he wished his porsche could be a vert but that a boxter wasn't a real porsche but more of a all show no go car. He was surprised how well i kept up with him (he did have a edge though). All around cool guy. I was even more shocked when about 30 seconds into our conversation the Lotus pulls up and we have a similar chat. What was gonna be a boring night turned into a good time. The three of us left down I-95 (i wont say how fast) following each other. See sometimes other manufacturers owners arent all dick s. Just thought i'd share. Anyone with similar experiences??
Old 10-07-2002, 10:19 AM
Sharky Guam
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: SAT Nite Cruise my C4 a Lotus and a Porsche Carrera, Time for Fun (robertpel9)

:cool: That's the way it should always be!
:cheers:
Old 10-07-2002, 10:36 AM
baddmann
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: SAT Nite Cruise my C4 a Lotus and a Porsche Carrera, Time for Fun (robertpel9)

:cool: experience...

Old 10-07-2002, 12:03 PM
Danno355
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a fun evening.
I occasionally get to play with folks, but no one ever stops to talk. :confused:

Old 10-07-2002, 12:22 PM
alfonso gomez
Instructor

Default Re: SAT Nite Cruise my C4 a Lotus and a Porsche Carrera, Time for Fun (Danno355)

They don't stop to talk :nonod: probably they are sore losers. You probably creamed them. :boxing
Old 10-07-2002, 12:27 PM
bigdan
Drifting

that's cool. i even talk to guys with mustangs! :jester
Old 10-07-2002, 01:13 PM
barkingowl
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: SAT Nite Cruise my C4 a Lotus and a Porsche Carrera, Time for Fun (baddmann)

:cool: experience...

Old 10-07-2002, 04:28 PM
Red Tornado
Team Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Had a nice time yesterday afternoon, great weather with the topoff....actually it was a yellow C5 who gave ME a big wave and we both stopped up the road a bit. Real nice guy, we both had our ladies with us, I thought the yellow was a real eye catcher, he wanted to see my body kit and thought it was pretty cool. I was happy to chat with another Vette owner! :cheers: :chevy There aren't all that many Vettes where I live, until the Carlisle show comes which is the town right next to mine! :yesnod:
Old 10-07-2002, 09:23 PM
MagikDraggin
Drifting

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

No, it's not Corvette related, but along the same lines of your story. I had a 1961 Chrysler 300G with a ram inducted 413 and found myself being dogged at every traffic light by someone in a new 300M.

Finally, I punched it at the next green and was screaming rubber all the way through first gear and into second. At 70mhp, I had him by a couple car lengths and backed it off. At the next light, he waved me over and we chatted for some time. He had never seen a long-ram tubed motor before and was literally amazed how fast that 40 year old car would accelerate.

It would do 0 - 60 in 7 secs flat. Not Corvette competition by any means, but after 85, not much of anything could pull it on the highway, until it ran out of gears and the ram manifolding would start hold it back around 125. From the factory, they would do 147 tops in the flying mile. Not bad for a '61 4400 lb Batmobile.

Karl

You are right though, not all "other drivers" are butt-heads. We actually had a really nice visit.

[Modified by MagikDraggin, 7:23 PM 10/7/2002]
Old 10-07-2002, 09:45 PM
KouKou
Burning Brakes

Default Re: SAT Nite Cruise my C4 a Lotus and a Porsche Carrera, Time for Fun (MagikDraggin)

Cool story....I wish more car enthusiasts were like that

Get notified of new replies

To SAT Nite Cruise my C4 a Lotus and a Porsche Carrera, Time for Fun

Quick Reply: SAT Nite Cruise my C4 a Lotus and a Porsche Carrera, Time for Fun