C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Snake Skinner Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 10:06 PM
Cadmaro
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Snake Skinner Headlights

Anyone have good pictures of snake skinner headlights? Or something like it? I'm gonna buy a hood before my car goes to paint but kinda want to look into moving the headlights into the driving light area
Old 11-22-2017, 01:38 AM
Pwnage1337
Tech Contributor

Received 188 Likes on 141 Posts

No pictures of the skinner headlights, but I did a Mini H1 HID Conversion into my fog lights and they put out enough light to be usable as headlights.

They are bixenon, so do both high and low. Running them in tandem with my regular HID retrofit for the headlights, the car looks like a god damn space ship coming down the road. All 4 bulbs flip open and go into "high beams" together.

I have lost the regular headlights before, burnt out a bulb so i just shut them off and ran only with my fogs to avoid attracting police attention. Drove home 90 miles with just my fog lights, and they were still brighter than other peoples head lights, although probably not DOT legal because they are not high enough off the ground to be determined a "head light"

Last edited by Pwnage1337; 11-22-2017 at 01:40 AM.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:08 AM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

Originally Posted by Pwnage1337
They are bixenon, so do both high and low. Running them in tandem with my regular HID retrofit for the headlights, the car looks like a god damn space ship coming down the road. "
Lol...
Ya gotta love that !
Old 11-22-2017, 11:51 AM
Daniel_Mc
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadmaro
Anyone have good pictures of snake skinner headlights? Or something like it? I'm gonna buy a hood before my car goes to paint but kinda want to look into moving the headlights into the driving light area
The 89 Snake Skinner used Pontiac Grand Prix GTP headlights in the place of the fogs. The normal headlights were removed.

-Daniel
Old 11-22-2017, 12:27 PM
rocco16
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadmaro
It is illegal to have the headlights installed in that position; they would be below the federally mandated minimum height of 22 inches.
Old 11-23-2017, 03:21 AM
Cadmaro
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Pwnage1337
No pictures of the skinner headlights, but I did a Mini H1 HID Conversion into my fog lights and they put out enough light to be usable as headlights.

They are bixenon, so do both high and low. Running them in tandem with my regular HID retrofit for the headlights, the car looks like a god damn space ship coming down the road. All 4 bulbs flip open and go into "high beams" together.

I have lost the regular headlights before, burnt out a bulb so i just shut them off and ran only with my fogs to avoid attracting police attention. Drove home 90 miles with just my fog lights, and they were still brighter than other peoples head lights, although probably not DOT legal because they are not high enough off the ground to be determined a "head light"
Any pictures of this setup?
Old 03-27-2023, 07:09 AM
Bills17n72
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 510 Likes on 359 Posts

old post

Get notified of new replies

To Snake Skinner Headlights

Quick Reply: Snake Skinner Headlights