Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Can someone please do me a favor?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 08:48 AM
playsdixie
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts

You guys are such geeks.....I feel much better......
Old 06-25-2018, 09:29 AM
Kevin Parent
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Not really much to tell really. I was green then and worked with a great group of people. My boss/engineer was a great guy and very patriotic as you can see.

A few things I do recall while taking a trip down to the Bowling Green plant to support the build were
1) My engineer warning me to not drink the water at the hotel and me not listening and getting sick.
2) Taking one of the Vettte's for a test drive slowly over the Belgian blocks with the top unlatched watching the top separate in each corner big enough to fit my fist threw.
3) Watching one of the line workers drive the Vettes onto the chassis dyno and giving them a once over.

Good time for sure.

Originally Posted by VikingTrad3r
KAP,

Do you have any stories about the design of the c4 you can share? There is a whole new generation of buyers who are fixing them up and refurbing them and we would love to hear stories!

For example, how did those hot dogs and apple pies and your flag and initials even get into the molds? Did GM just say "do whatever you want as long as the parts fit"?

I'd be so interested in hearing any stories you may have.

thanks! VikingTrad3r
Old 06-25-2018, 10:43 AM
kimmer
Le Mans Master

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
C4 of the Year Finalist

This is really kool!
Old 06-25-2018, 11:07 AM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,262 Likes on 1,446 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin Parent
Not really much to tell really. I was green then and worked with a great group of people. My boss/engineer was a great guy and very patriotic as you can see.

A few things I do recall while taking a trip down to the Bowling Green plant to support the build were
1) My engineer warning me to not drink the water at the hotel and me not listening and getting sick.
2) Taking one of the Vettte's for a test drive slowly over the Belgian blocks with the top unlatched watching the top separate in each corner big enough to fit my fist threw.
3) Watching one of the line workers drive the Vettes onto the chassis dyno and giving them a once over.

Good time for sure.
wow so on number 2, gm knew this was an issue i guess. lol.

Old 06-25-2018, 11:17 AM
Kevin Parent
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Yes, rigidity wasn't as good as today's Vette.

Originally Posted by VikingTrad3r

wow so on number 2, gm knew this was an issue i guess. lol.

Old 06-25-2018, 03:58 PM
SLVRSHRK
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by FASTAZU
The convertible has a few thing molded in that area, an apple pie hot dog and base ball bat ? what ever it was someone will see this and post up.

This appears to be a reference to the Chevrolet advertising campaign of the mid-late 70s 'Baseball hotdogs apple pie and Chevrolet.' Unfortunately the 'vette that gets the most airtime in the commercial is the Chevette, with only the nose of a C3 visible in a later shot.

Quick Reply: Can someone please do me a favor?