C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Off the record ...

Old 09-19-2018, 09:33 PM
PatternDayTrader
CF Senior Member

Default Off the record ...

Has anyone used this service/app ?

https://offtherecord.com/

Over here in PDT world, tickets are stacking up like cord wood, so I thought I would ask.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:34 AM
Tom400CFI
CF Senior Member

I haven't used or heard of that service....
Originally Posted by PatternDayTrader View Post
tickets are stacking up like cord wood,
I had that problem in Mass.....I moved to UT and the problem went away. Same driver, same car.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:44 AM
PatternDayTrader
CF Senior Member

I'm going to try it out on the next ticket I get.
Its an interesting idea for sure.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:00 PM
AgentEran
CF Senior Member

The caveat is that if they "loose", you are out the $ you pay them and still have to pay the ticket, may not get drivers school to remove the point.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:12 PM
ZWILDZR1
CF Member

I have been very lucky in that the only ticket I got was a warning. The officer didn't have his radar on which was great for me as I was doing about 120 on a long two lane road. My driving record with no points saved me. So I got a warning.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:34 PM
darrensls1

I'm reminded of the movie Liar Liar with Jim Carrey. The scene where his secretary tells him that a client is on the phone and has been arrested again, this time for armed robbery at knife point and needs his legal advice. Jim Carrey sighs as he takes the phone and screams into it "STOP BREAKING THE LAW A$$HOLE!"

In the last 10 years I have had one speeding ticket which was for 67 in a 55 (and I was driving a work van LOL). I've done more than my share of spirited driving between my last three cars being a 99 Trans Am, 2007 Mustang GT and now a 1995 Corvette. But I know my town and neighboring towns. I know where the cops like to sit, when they are more likely to be out looking for speeders and how far over the limit they will let me go without coming after me. The best way to get out of a ticket is to not get pulled over in the first place :P
Old 09-20-2018, 05:41 PM
PatternDayTrader
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZWILDZR1 View Post
I have been very lucky in that the only ticket I got was a warning. The officer didn't have his radar on which was great for me as I was doing about 120 on a long two lane road. My driving record with no points saved me. So I got a warning.
I just got popped for 94 in a 70 just outside of Little rock Ak on 40 east, this was at 4am where there was basically no traffic on the road.
The officer said he was going to arrest me for reckless and fleeing, then he realized I had my dog in the car, then he realized that animal control isn't open at 4am, so he just wrote me for 24 over and left it at that.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:14 PM
ZWILDZR1
CF Member

Wow so you were saved by your pooch. It's no wonder he didn't want to charge you with cruelty to animals as well. I know with all the wild cars out there with over 700+ horsepower and lets not forget the bikes also, people are doing well in excess of the limits. I frequently use to push my 96 LT1 auto up to it's 157 mph limits. My first ZR1 ,150 would be just cruising. I know I was lucky to not have gotten some serious tickets. That would be very expensive and I did all that back in my youth with a total of 9 points on my record. I keep telling my sons not to push it or they will get tickets. The one lives at home and I let him drive the Corvette on occasion. The other lives on his own and drives a 98 Trans Am with all the quick easy LS1 mods like headers and intake. He has gotten a few tickets and has learned to slow it down.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:14 PM
JrRifleCoach
CF Senior Member

Location: Criminals obey guns laws like politicians follow their oath to office Republik of Kalifornico"
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Way back when, there was a ticket lawyer in Dallas Texas that would compile traffic tickets.
Once he had enough he'd plea bargain with the judge. (payola)
If the judge didnt play ball he'd schedule the whole lot into the books, congesting the system.
He was good and I paid him once rather than the insurance companies for three years
Old 09-20-2018, 07:23 PM
PatternDayTrader
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by JrRifleCoach View Post
Way back when, there was a ticket lawyer in Dallas Texas that would compile traffic tickets.
If the judge didnt play ball he'd schedule the whole lot into the books, congesting the system.
He was good and I paid him once rather than the insurance companies for three years
Lol .. I love sneaky lawyers.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:08 PM
car addict
CF Senior Member

Has anyone used this service/app ?

https://offtherecord.com/

Over here in PDT world, tickets are stacking up like cord wood, so I thought I would ask.
Your insurance company isn't beating on you? I haven't used the service, but I have used lawyers to achieve the same ends. I live in a "points" state. Was satisfied with everything except the cost of lawyer. Harder to do, of course, if your ticket is not in your home area. Worth a shot IMO.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:48 PM
PatternDayTrader
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by car addict View Post
Your insurance company isn't beating on you? I haven't used the service, but I have used lawyers to achieve the same ends. I live in a "points" state. Was satisfied with everything except the cost of lawyer. Harder to do, of course, if your ticket is not in your home area. Worth a shot IMO.
Ive never had an out of state ticket show up on my driving record, in spite of Michigan supposedly being a reciprocity state.
So at least for now, insurance hasn't been a problem.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:12 PM
playsdixie
CF Senior Member

down here in Fl it's like this....drive I75 south of Tampa and go 80....you'll get run over by garbage trucks.....most counties (except collier) don't go out of their way for blowing out the carbon.....I drive it like I stole it, but haven't had a ticket in 40 years.....(knock, knock)....
Old 09-24-2018, 09:47 PM
Texianbiker

Default Ticket lawyers

Ahhh, back in the Dallas day. he firm I used was Remmel and Rubin and as a motorcycle guy I got tickets like speeding 100 plus, contest of speed and display of acceleration on a frequent basis. They'd delay till the cop couldn't show up and if that failed get me a deferred adjudication or driving school. Sadly because of public paranoia most of these are felony's now but it was the golden age then.

Originally Posted by JrRifleCoach View Post
Ticket lawyers
Old 09-24-2018, 09:51 PM
Texianbiker

Default ticket lawyers

I got a ticket for 125 in a 55 on Okracoke Island in NC...an NC lawyer contacted me saying he could disable the data exchange and I didn't take him up on it...to bad so sad for the Texianbiker.

Ive never had an out of state ticket show up on my driving record, in spite of Michigan supposedly being a reciprocity state.
So at least for now, insurance hasn't been a problem.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: