Joe K
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 185 Likes on 94 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
Default 100th

For my 100th post I just wanted to say "Thank You!" for all of the great help and advice I've acquired here. And "You Are Welcome!" if I in some way I have helped you. Because of all of the great people and vast knowledge here I now own two 1985 Corvettes. Here's a couple of pics of them.

I call her "The Blue Screamer". I've had her at the 1/8th mile dragstrip and got to do probably 20 or more laps at NCM Motorsports Park (the full track) at times over 100 mph. That was at "Vets n Vettes" this year where this picture was taken. And she is has won some "Top" trophy's at some of the local car shows. Base but a serious luxury/sportscar.

The second is something I did know I had until I purchased it and checked it out. It is a 1985 Z51 automatic. Unfortunately doesn't have performance axle. Previous owner did some mods. I paid $2300 for it. I now have a little over $3000 in it mostly because it needed a windshield. I've been driving it daily since purchased a couple of weeks ago. 17 mpg so far. Runs and drives great. This was the Corvette I was looking for. A decent looking daily driver I could have some fun at the track with without really worrying about damaging it. Though guess what? I love this car and though it's not as pretty as "The Screamer" she is a blast. So I present to you "Simply Irresistible".

Funnest cars ever and they are still Corvettes like it or not!

Last edited by Joe K; 12-14-2018 at 10:06 AM.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:59 PM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,262 Likes on 1,446 Posts

I absolutely adore the early c4's. i've shied away from the 84 so far but i may pick one up one day to put a lq4 in or something.

simply irresistable looks great. have fun, post more pics! where i live its the frozen tundra so i like seeing pics this time of year!

Originally Posted by Joe K
Just wanted to say "Thank You!" for all of the great help and advice I've acquired here. And "You Are Welcome!" if I in some way I have helped you. Because of all of the great people and vast knowledge here I now own two 1985 Corvettes. Here's a couple of pics of them.

I call her "The Blue Screamer". I've had her at the 1/8th mile dragstrip and got to do probably 20 or more laps at NCM Motorsports Park (the full track) at times over 100 mph. That was at "Vets n Vettes" this year where this picture was taken. And she is has won some "Top" trophy's at some of the local car shows. Base but a serious luxury/sportscar.

The second is something I did know I had until I purchased it and checked it out. It is a 1985 Z51 automatic. Unfortunately doesn't have performance axle. Previous owner did some mods. I paid $2300 for it. I now have a little over $3000 in it mostly because it needed a windshield. I've been driving it daily since purchased a couple of weeks ago. 17 mpg so far. Runs and drives great. This was the Corvette I was looking for. A decent looking daily driver I could have some fun at the track with without really worrying about damaging it. Though guess what? I love this car and though it's not as pretty as "The Screamer" she is a blast. So I present to you "Simply Irresistible".

Funnest cars ever and they are still Corvettes like it or not!
The following users liked this post:
Joe K (12-13-2018)
Old 12-13-2018, 07:28 PM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 700 Likes on 589 Posts

Joe K (12-13-2018)
Old 12-13-2018, 07:35 PM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,262 Likes on 1,446 Posts

there is a blue 86 4+3 on the other side of canada i want to buy. but its 2300 just to ship it!!
Joe K (12-13-2018)
Old 12-13-2018, 08:02 PM
Mike Holmen
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 77 Posts

Joe you have some beautiful cars there. Glad you get a chance to enjoy them, as they where intended to be.

VT, doing the LS LQ9 engine swap into my 85 car has been the mod so far for me. I would buy a newer L99 or L92, just like the LS3 engine, but without the price. I found a L99 (gen IV LS 6.2 and out a caddy) and 6L80 for $3500 cash deal in Edmonton earlier this year. Was a high miler engine but a decent core. Those LQ4 and LQ9 engines are over priced for what they are as they almost get the same money.
Joe K (12-13-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To 100th

Quick Reply: 100th