Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

A/C Blowing Difficulty

Old 06-10-2019, 12:08 AM
nowinski02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A/C Blowing Difficulty

Hey all, new to the forum, but have read through lots and it has been very helpful. Iím here with another a/c question. I have an Ď86 c4 thatís bringing me troubles with the system. *not climate control* The issue: air blows very lightly and is mainly from the defrost vent. Hot and cold works well, just not location and power of air flow. Also, when I turn the dial to ďhighĒ the air shuts off completely. What Iíve done: I have looked into the vacuum lines and replaced a few that looked rough, along with replacing the vacuum control valve just to be sure. Didnít seem to affect anything. Took out the blower motor and it was clean in there, I didnít see anything prohibiting air flow. When I hook up a battery directly to the blower motor it does spin faster, but that could be due to my highest cabin setting isnít ďhighĒ. I pulled out the radio and ac part of the dash to take a look at it and found whatís looks like is the wires attaching are missing metal pins. Iíll attach pictures of this. Do I need to cut and splice in new connectors? Is my blower motor the problem? Iím really stuck now so any help is appreciated.
The following users liked this post:
dlm98conv (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 11:07 AM
Kevova
CF Senior Member

Received 375 Likes on 359 Posts

The 1st connector is available from GM or AC Delco dealer. The second I'm not sure. Melted blower switch and/or connector isn't uncommon. Factory diagrams show connectors that some aftermarket diagrams leave out. The high speed blower circuits tend to overheat their connectors.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A/C Blowing Difficulty

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: