Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Programing Remote 1995 C4

Old 06-12-2019, 02:34 PM
gstatucki
CF Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programing Remote 1995 C4

I have remote with a new battery and it will not program - When I get the security light flashing in a programing mode and bring the remote close the light is supposed to stop flashing to accept program. I bring remote close and the light will not stop flashing to indicate remote is programed. Anyone know why I can't program this remote. THANKS
Old 06-13-2019, 09:25 AM
markKlein
CF Senior Member

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by gstatucki View Post
I have remote with a new battery and it will not program - When I get the security light flashing in a programing mode and bring the remote close the light is supposed to stop flashing to accept program. I bring remote close and the light will not stop flashing to indicate remote is programed. Anyone know why I can't program this remote. THANKS
If the light is flashing everything on the car is probably OK. Just for grins check fuses 26, 40 and 42, but the problem is most likely the remote. Check the fob battery, if I remember right you need 3.2 volts for it to work properly (even a battery right out of container might be low). Make sure the battery is mounted with the correct side up and that it is securely in place. If I recall, some batteries that are the "right" size still do not work because they will not seat properly. I'll try to search and post one of those discussions.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...y-for-pke.html

Last edited by markKlein; 06-13-2019 at 09:29 AM.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:10 AM
gstatucki
CF Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=markKlein;1599574954]If the light is flashing everything on the car is probably OK. Just for grins check fuses 26, 40 and 42, but the problem is most likely the remote. Check the fob battery, if I remember right you need 3.2 volts for it to work properly (even a battery right out of container might be low). Make sure the battery is mounted with the correct side up and that it is securely in place. If I recall, some batteries that are the "right" size still do not work because they will not seat properly. I'll try to search and post one of those discussions.

Thanks - after several attempts remote
programmed[
/QUOTE]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Programing Remote 1995 C4

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: