Safety Car

Received 512 Likes on 404 Posts
2023 C4 of the Year Finalist- Modified
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Wow, that looks great. Nice work

Originally Posted by wsherrard
For anyone thinking about tackling a project like this... it can be done, just don't skimp on the tools and equipment that enable you to do it safely it's not worth dying or getting severely injured over.
I agree. The key to big projects is having the correct tools.
Old 11-13-2019, 06:43 AM
hcbph
Safety Car

Received 526 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by corvetteronw
That was the 91 I sold 4 years ago when I moved to AZ. Agent Orange was not kind to me and I will never be able to do that kind of work today.
Sorry to hear about your Agent Orange effects. It ended up taking a cousin of mine a number of years back. From what I was told Ron was one of the guys that loaded up the tanks with that stuff and they had virtually no protective gear while working on it.
I was in the Army in the early 70's but lucked out in not making it to Viet Nam, though they tried multiple times. Pure luck I didn't end up there but it was the luck of the draw.
From one Vet to another, thank you for your service.

Last edited by hcbph; 11-13-2019 at 06:44 AM.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:52 PM
95LT1ZF
Pro

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Very nice. Now that you are retired, you'll have plenty of time to enjoy the ride.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:52 PM
wsherrard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey 95LT1ZF, always need a project to keep the juices flowing. Started poking around for another project car. I personally wasn't to enthusiastic about the C5's, for me they were just too big in the butt so I'm poking around for an early C6. I might still have enough time to do another project:-)
Old 11-13-2019, 10:27 PM
rusty76
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

Hey 95LT1ZF, always need a project to keep the juices flowing. Started poking around for another project car. I personally wasn't to enthusiastic about the C5's, for me they were just too big in the butt so I'm poking around for an early C6. I might still have enough time to do another project:-)
Go for it. You have to keep moving forward. I've been dealing with cancer for over 12 years now. Gotta keep living your life no matter the obstacle.

Oh, and I agree about the giant posterior of the C5.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:10 AM
ZHammer
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Hey cadmaniac. Had too much invested in the project to let it go. Purchased shop crane, engine stand, Kwik-Lift etc in addition the the parts for the project. Having the equipment made possible to actually get it accomplished. I did everything (except the trans blueprint of course) without help, Pulled and reinstalled the drive train and engine single handed and I'm 72 years old. For anyone thinking about tackling a project like this... it can be done, just don't skimp on the tools and equipment that enable you to do it safely it's not worth dying or getting severely injured over.
My great uncle was still doing complete restorations on WW2/Korea and Vietnam Jeeps at the age of 96. He even bought a Sherman tank once. He was a mechanic at Fort Snelling during WW2 and just kept collecting Jeeps and 6x6’s. Good on you sir. Very nice car.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:14 AM
ZHammer
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by ghlkal
Wow, that looks great. Nice work

I agree. The key to big projects is having the correct tools.
And the will not to quit when it gets rough. I really like challenges on cars and God willing I can keep doing this for a very long time. My father had me working on cars with him when I was only in the first grade. I can’t stop now, it’s much too fun...haha. That’s why I have a small collection. I try to save all of them.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:32 AM
Bill781
Instructor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

Beautiful!! And congrats on retirement as well!
Old 11-20-2019, 10:38 PM
wsherrard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by zhammer
my great uncle was still doing complete restorations on ww2/korea and vietnam jeeps at the age of 96. He even bought a sherman tank once. He was a mechanic at fort snelling during ww2 and just kept collecting jeeps and 6x6’s. Good on you sir. Very nice car.
my man!
Must be in the genes in my family. My dad, granddad and all my uncles are/were car guys to varying extents. My granddad owned a garage, one of my uncles owned a garage also and I worked for him during the summer in high school.

Last edited by wsherrard; 11-20-2019 at 10:41 PM. Reason: additions
Old 11-20-2019, 10:43 PM
wsherrard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Wow, sure getting a great looking collection of C4 AVATARS on here!!!

Quick Reply: Grampa's toy