Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

The 1984 does not get a whole lot of respect (even nice ones)

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2020, 05:57 PM
Kincer
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

If you're a true Corvette fan you appreciate them all, some more than others but you appreciate all of them.
The following 3 users liked this post by Kincer:
1stSSPZ (07-19-2020), FOURSPEEDVETTE (07-20-2020), shawn 84&92 (07-16-2020)
Old 07-15-2020, 07:22 PM
WarlockIII
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Kincer
If you're a true Corvette fan you appreciate them all, some more than others but you appreciate all of them.
I understand the point you are trying to make but does it only hold true for corvettes?

I mean...if your a sports lover does that mean you have to love say...curling as much as football?
Old 07-15-2020, 07:35 PM
Kincer
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by WarlockIII
I understand the point you are trying to make but does it only hold true for corvettes?

I mean...if your a sports lover does that mean you have to love say...curling as much as football?
Actually in a way that's a good analogy, think about it, Curling may not be your favorite but you're surfing the channels and everything football is reruns or old news, but there's live Curling on right now so yeah you'll watch that lol. I don't really care for C5s but others do, I'm not gonna say to them " Oh you got a C5, I don't care for those, don't park near me" or some other insult, it's a Vette and that person loves it. I appreciate the C5 but it's not one of my favorites. The C4 is disrespected but I don't care I love mine, they are an underrated good bang for the buck.
The following users liked this post:
1stSSPZ (07-19-2020)
Old 07-15-2020, 07:41 PM
ChumpVette
Safety Car

Received 1,322 Likes on 889 Posts

Actually in a way that's a good analogy, think about it, Curling may not be your favorite but you're surfing the channels and everything football is reruns or old news, but there's live Curling on right now so yeah you'll watch that lol.
Only women’s curling... Specifically European women’s curling. Maybe occasionally Canadian.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:16 PM
WarlockIII
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Actually in a way that's a good analogy, think about it, Curling may not be your favorite but you're surfing the channels and everything football is reruns or old news, but there's live Curling on right now so yeah you'll watch that lol. I don't really care for C5s but others do, I'm not gonna say to them " Oh you got a C5, I don't care for those, don't park near me" or some other insult, it's a Vette and that person loves it. I appreciate the C5 but it's not one of my favorites. The C4 is disrespected but I don't care I love mine, they are an underrated good bang for the buck.
Oh, so wait a minute...what your saying is your C4 is your kid and the C5 is that little red haired (really nothing against red haired kids don’t anyone take that the wrong way) son of a b!t€h that your new wife brought with her!?! Lol

I was just messing with you but you knew that.

Last edited by WarlockIII; 07-15-2020 at 08:21 PM.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:54 PM
Kincer
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by WarlockIII
Oh, so wait a minute...what your saying is your C4 is your kid and the C5 is that little red haired (really nothing against red haired kids don’t anyone take that the wrong way) son of a b!t€h that your new wife brought with her!?! Lol

I was just messing with you but you knew that.
LMAO
Old 07-16-2020, 01:17 AM
love corvettes
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ls777z
Time will tell if the 2020 replaces the 84 as the one not to buy.
I was going to look at a 84, is this year a year I should stay away from.
Old 07-16-2020, 07:00 AM
convas
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by love corvettes
I was going to look at a 84, is this year a year I should stay away from.
No reason to say away from them.
Old 07-16-2020, 10:58 AM
OneBadLT123
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Love the car, looks great for a 84.
However I absolutely hate the stick on white letter tires. Just makes it look tacky in my opinion. My OCD just

Last edited by OneBadLT123; 07-16-2020 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-16-2020, 11:48 AM
PacerX
Burning Brakes

Received 358 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by OneBadLT123
Love the car, looks great for a 84.
However I absolutely hate the stick on white letter tires. Just makes it look tacky in my opinion. My OCD just
"Tacky" is one word for it.

I can think of others...
Old 07-16-2020, 06:50 PM
'78CorvetteS.A.
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by walleyfisher
This is my wife's 1984 she has owned for 20 years. It now has 59,000 on the clock. We scuffed. Repainted 19 years ago, added rims tires and. Pioneer stereo. Took the heads off, valve job, updated seals and added roller rockers, other wise totally stock.
Yes the Greenwood kit was already on @ purchase

Beautiful Car👍 I recently just picked up an '84 that I've been dreaming about for 36 years! Anyway, I noticed that sweet little sticker on the inside of the rear hatch glass! Is that the"Motor Trend Car of the Year" sticker that is impossible to find? If so, and you if you would be willing, is there anyway I could talk you into posting some close-up pictures of it, more importantly some shots with a tape measure or calipers in the vertical and horizontal orientation for dimension/size references!? If I had those images where I knew the dimensions and color, I believe I could get it recreated! I have access to full on graphics/sign/print shop that does everything from highway patrol graphics to football helmets! I would be more than happy to make them available to any '84 Corvette crossfire owner's who would like one!!! No interest in making a penny, I just want one for my car would be happy to help out anyone else who wants one, assuming one could be reproduced with images provided! If anyone could post or PM me with the above request, I would be grateful! Sorry to highjack your thread!!!! Again, BEAUTIFUL '84👍
P.S., I can find pictures on the web, but no size reference (diameter of the clear circle, etc)

Last edited by '78CorvetteS.A.; 07-16-2020 at 06:57 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by '78CorvetteS.A.:
renchjeep (07-27-2020), walleyfisher (07-22-2020)
Old 07-16-2020, 11:10 PM
shawn 84&92
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 78'CorvetteS.A.
Beautiful Car👍 I recently just picked up an '84 that I've been dreaming about for 36 years! Anyway, I noticed that sweet little sticker on the inside of the rear hatch glass! Is that the"Motor Trend Car of the Year" sticker that is impossible to find? If so, and you if you would be willing, is there anyway I could talk you into posting some close-up pictures of it, more importantly some shots with a tape measure or calipers in the vertical and horizontal orientation for dimension/size references!? If I had those images where I knew the dimensions and color, I believe I could get it recreated! I have access to full on graphics/sign/print shop that does everything from highway patrol graphics to football helmets! I would be more than happy to make them available to any '84 Corvette crossfire owner's who would like one!!! No interest in making a penny, I just want one for my car would be happy to help out anyone else who wants one, assuming one could be reproduced with images provided! If anyone could post or PM me with the above request, I would be grateful! Sorry to highjack your thread!!!! Again, BEAUTIFUL '84👍
P.S., I can find pictures on the web, but no size reference (diameter of the clear circle, etc)
Check ebay, I picked one up there a few years ago.
Old 07-17-2020, 06:43 AM
GregMartin
Drifting

Received 283 Likes on 219 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by 78'CorvetteS.A.
I’ll take one.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:15 AM
'78CorvetteS.A.
Drifting

Originally Posted by shawn 84&92
Check ebay, I picked one up there a few years ago.
I've tried every "search-wording" I can think of, no luck on eBay, or anywhere else for that matter!
Old 07-19-2020, 05:10 PM
ctmccloskey
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,107 Likes on 878 Posts

That is a really attractive 1984 Corvette! I would certainly be proud to drive that Corvette.

The Corvette that was ignored and abused is the 1968 C3 because it is so different than the rest of the C3's. Even Corvettes@Carlisle ignored our 25th anniversary.

I have told people that the 1968 C3 is the "Rodney Dangerfield" of Corvettes.

As of this very day I have now owned my 1968 C3 for 29 years..... And yes, it still puts a smile on my face every time I take it out to play.
Old 07-20-2020, 02:40 PM
ls777z
Burning Brakes

Received 321 Likes on 235 Posts

One sticker too please !!
Old 07-21-2020, 12:29 PM
'78CorvetteS.A.
Drifting

Originally Posted by ls777z
One sticker too please !!
I need someone to post pics with tape measure or calipers, vertical and horizontal, so I know which size to have them produced! Anybody?

Get notified of new replies

To The 1984 does not get a whole lot of respect (even nice ones)

Old 07-21-2020, 12:47 PM
walleyfisher
Le Mans Master

Received 1,665 Likes on 741 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C4 of the Year Finalist- Modified
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C7 of the Year Winner -- Modified
2020 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

P.S., I can find pictures on the web, but no size reference (diameter of the clear circle, etc)[/QUOTE]

Hope this works

Old 07-22-2020, 01:59 PM
radar502
Safety Car

Received 303 Likes on 231 Posts

Super nice C-4 ...
The following users liked this post:
walleyfisher (07-22-2020)
Old 07-22-2020, 03:02 PM
RedHot85Vette
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by walleyfisher
This is my wife's 1984 she has owned for 20 years. It now has 59,000 on the clock. We scuffed. Repainted 19 years ago, added rims tires and. Pioneer stereo. Took the heads off, valve job, updated seals and added roller rockers, other wise totally stock.
Yes the Greenwood kit was already on @ purchase
Wow! Who's NOT gonna' Respect THAT!?!?

...And Respect the Two of You for the Gorgeous way you keep that Perfect Example '84 Corvette. I like that Greenwood Kit, It's totally BOSS! (except for the wing... just not a wing guy). Where in the World did you get the Awesome "Chevrolet Corvette" Tires?!?! I'm gonna' Bookmark this post so as I can refer back to it to see what "CLEAN" is all about. Did you clean the underside or did you just keep it that way from birth? The Wheels and Tires really make a statement along with the way the car sits/stands, whichever your preference. The "Newness" of the car doesn't hurt it neither. Very Nice! Sexy! Head turning, eye popper for sure.

have a Bright Red '85. I bought it over 4 1/2 years ago, Very Well Cared For, 118K miles. $5K, it had a bad light in the passenger door, and a muffler beginning to rust. But the Seller gave me a brand new factory muffler to replace it with. He got everything done through the dealer. The interior has fabric seats and they are perfect. The seats aren't torn or flattened out. Probably one of the few cars that doesn't have power door locks. He had some fears about them, thinking they might make the car easy to break in to, and also he was afraid he might get locked out/in if the locks failed to open/close. I didn't care! Car is beautiful! I'm gonna do the Roller Rockers and Seals on mine next year.

Let me know about your tires. Make/Model/Size and all that.

I watched "Karate Kid", the original, a few nights ago and there's a scene with a white '84 in it... the driver says "Hi!" to the "Kid" and the "Kid" says something like "Nice Car!" or something to that effect. The scene is right after Mr. Myagi gives the Kid a really cool yellow vintage classic convertible for his birthday. I wonder if Chevy had a hand in getting that scene orchestrated.

Old Vettes are like Fine Wine, they only get better with age.

"R-E-S-P-E-C-T, find out what it means to me
R-E-S-P-E-C-T, take care, TCB, oh

(Sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me)
A little respect
(sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me)
Whoa, babe
(Just a little bit) A little respect"
~ Aretha Franklyn

Quick Reply: The 1984 does not get a whole lot of respect (even nice ones)