Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Value of LT4 Collectors Edition (Looking at buying)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2024, 08:39 PM
Polo Vert
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 74 Posts

Let me throw my objective 2 cents in here. The general rule of thumb for buying C4s is to buy the nicest one you can afford. So that being said, if you have a budget of $13k, I think if you are patient a clean example with some decent miles on it can be had without all the obvious problems of the ones you are looking at, as well as some potential problems you won't find until you own it. The great thing about Corvettes in particular is that there are always examples that some older fella bought new, never drove much, and has been in the garage all of its life. They are out there. If it were me, I would hold out for a nicer car that has been taken care of. I think your patience will be rewarded with a less problematic car that you can enjoy right away.
Old 03-24-2024, 08:52 PM
1987fb
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Polo Vert
Let me throw my objective 2 cents in here. The general rule of thumb for buying C4s is to buy the nicest one you can afford. So that being said, if you have a budget of $13k, I think if you are patient a clean example with some decent miles on it can be had without all the obvious problems of the ones you are looking at, as well as some potential problems you won't find until you own it. The great thing about Corvettes in particular is that there are always examples that some older fella bought new, never drove much, and has been in the garage all of its life. They are out there. If it were me, I would hold out for a nicer car that has been taken care of. I think your patience will be rewarded with a less problematic car that you can enjoy right away.
Definitely some truth and logic to what you say. This would be my 7th C4, so I know them pretty well. I don't mind working on them and making them mine so to speak. I like spending less and then making them into something more!! The second car, super low mileage but modified, I probably wouldn't pay more then 13K for. Is that a good deal....maybe...maybe not...depends on who you ask. Definitely a better deal than the first one that needs way more work and in the end would be a basically stock car with way higher mileage, that I would have about the same money into. I like the hot rod modified cars, as you get way more bang for your buck, but definitely assume some risks, and potentially lose the collectability factor down the road. I am trying my best to be patient, but it is not my strong suit. That being said, I don't think I have ever lost any money on a C4.

Thanks for the input, incite, and advice, it is appreciated.

Last edited by 1987fb; 03-24-2024 at 09:01 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Polo Vert (03-24-2024)

Quick Reply: Value of LT4 Collectors Edition (Looking at buying)