C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

cut out pre cats

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 08:56 PM
legsandvettes
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cut out pre cats

ok i have cut out my pre cats, last weekend, and put in plain pipes in place, as the cats clogged my final cat, and now i seen to have a few more horses, and it sounds a bit louder, however can i tweek the engine to get it to pass emisions now, and what, does my ecm think of this swap now?.....thanks, joe.......
Old 11-03-2004, 09:08 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

It sounds like you have an L98???

If you have done a hi-flow cat back too, you might benefit from bumping fuel pressure a few psi.

If you install a modern 3-stage hi-flow cat you will not only get more power gains but also assure that you will pass the sniffer.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:23 PM
legsandvettes
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pre cats cont,d

yes its an 87, but i had a 90 or 91 block put in it as the old one was putting exhaust into the cooling system and was boiling out bad, never the less the pre cats clogged the rear one, and i had to cut holes in the pipes before the cats to get it to run to my buddies shop, as far as what kind i put back, alls i can tell ya is it was from midas, only one in ogden ut that had one in stock, it was only 105 bucks, so im thinking it was a leftover paper towel roll from the mens room, lol, but i hope it works cause i have to emision the car next week for inspection...

Get notified of new replies

To cut out pre cats

Quick Reply: cut out pre cats