C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Couple of pictures of potential buys

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 09:12 PM
Larzus
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Couple of pictures of potential buys

Hey everyone, going to take a shot at posting pics here. Give you an idea of what I am looking at out here. Feel free to share your thoughts.

Note both of these are in the 14 to 15 range, so easily in my price range. Might even leave me with enough to trade in my Impala on a 2003/4 Civic Sedan for family driving!

First shot here is of the 95 that fell through on me. Guy called tonight and it might be back on. Might being a key word. Will have a better handle on Sunday or Monday.

These next 3 are of the 95 I plan on viewing this weekend. The one with a tire rot issue. Not bad looking but hard ot make out in pics. Will know more when I see it

Last edited by Larzus; 11-11-2004 at 09:15 PM.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:28 PM
VinDogg003
Racer

Both look very clean, Love the exhaust on the first one, good luck !
Old 11-11-2004, 09:32 PM
mitymek
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm,hard to tell from pics aint it.the top one has magnaflows i see so it may have been run on.course i spose theyve all been run on since thats what they were made for
take em for a spin,youll know.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:44 PM
wildman378
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The 95 looks pretty good the engine bay looks pretty clean and the exterior too from what I can see. The interior looks just decent tho carpet is kinda worn looking and the seat is also just soso..how many miles are on it?

all in all for the price seems like a pretty good deal. Gl on this one hope it works out.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:12 PM
Larzus
Instructor

The one at the top has 39k miles. Price of 14.5

The one shown in the last 3 pictures has 32k miles asking price of 15.2. Owner is willing to negotiate given the condition on the tires.

Will give the interior a good look over for sure. hard to say from the pics as they are not high quality.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:14 PM
wildman378
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice price for that year and miles.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:18 AM
Justardnck
Burning Brakes

I would go with the second one it looks more unfooled with (virgin) the first one as nice as it looks you don't know what he has tore up in it. Magna-flows could mean nothing or it could mean he has tore it up alittle. I prefer to go with an unmodified vehicle and make my changes myself. JMO
Old 11-12-2004, 08:23 AM
runner140*
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 282 Likes on 256 Posts

Default I don't know where to start....

Spend time and check everything. I remember getting on the internet and reading a book on buying a used vette. I checked all the things is the book. It worked. Zero problems in the last 14 months. Good luck.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:37 AM
rocco16
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by mitymek
hmm,hard to tell from pics
Yep. Drive 'em both and see what you think....
If you can get $1000 off the second one (for the $150 tire issue), that might be a winner.

Larry
Old 11-12-2004, 11:00 AM
Larzus
Instructor

Thank you for the feedback everyone, epsecially regarding carfax reports in my other post.

The first Vehicle is the deal that sorta fell through on me. That might change this weekend. I have inspected and taken it for a test drive before. It has the Magnaflows as you can see, along with a triple K&N Air filter setup and an aftermarket MAF. Not huge modding, and it ran like a dream. The owner has kept very detailed records of maintanance, and is including items such as Build sheet, window sticker, showroom manual from the Corvette Museum. Few other goodies as well, including the 2 volume Helms service manual set. If the deal goes through I will be able to take it for a pre purchase checkout, along with having the VA safetly inspection and emissions test done. Thought it would be wise to see it pass saftey inspection and emissions as well before purchase.

Second vehicle I am scheduled to see late tomorrow afternoon. Aside from the tires the seller states it is in wonderful condition. Should know more tomorrow.

Granted both of these are auto's and I really like the 6-speeds, however the first one just felt right for me. If the second gives me the same happy feeling then I am thinking I will be owning one of these babies this week or next!
Old 11-12-2004, 11:37 AM
redwing76
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Id go with the car with the records....pipes or not.

Get notified of new replies

To Couple of pictures of potential buys

Quick Reply: Couple of pictures of potential buys