Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

For Sale Global West Susp. Del Alum Upper/lower Front Control Arm bushings

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 10:02 PM
Woods
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default For Sale Global West Susp. Del Alum Upper/lower Front Control Arm bushings

Fits 84-96 C4 Front Upper and Lower control ARMS. Brand new in Box. Paid over $300.00 for these Bushings. First $250.00 plus shipping gets them. email me for pics

See description below:

Front performance control arm bushings and shafts: (Del-a-lum suspension bushings)
Del-a-lum (pronounced della-loom) suspension bushings achieve unquestioned suspension control that
can be utilized for street, strip, road racing, and oval track.

Del-A-lum bushings are approved for all NHRA classes including stock.

What is a Del-a-Lum bushing?

Del-a-lum bushings are kind of like a bearing but they are a bushing.

The outer portion of the bushing is an aluminum housing. The aluminum housing is machined with grease groves and has provision for a grease fitting. The bushing presses into the control arm similar to that of a factory bushing. The internal part of the bushing has a plastic rotating sleeve. The sleeve provides isolation between the steel pin and / or shaft (depending on location). The sleeve also acts as a bearing surface for the control arm to pivot on. Each side of the bushing has additional plastic thrust washers backed by steel thrust washers. The thrust washers are separate from the internal sleeve and provide fore and aft control. A grease fitting is employed with each bushing so full lubrication is achieved. Del-alum bushings do not squeak or make noise. They are exclusive with Global West. The Del-a-Lum bushings are also approved for several racing associations including NHRA.

Del-a-lum bushings provide :
Zero deflection without suspension bind.
Perfect for all types of driving.
Smooth movement up and down.
Grease fittings provide full lubrication.
Internal grease grooves transfer lubrication throughout the bushing which promotes bushing life and assures a quiet ride.
Aluminum housing provides easy press installation.
(These directly replace your stock bushings).
Plastic internal inserts rotate for smooth control arm movement.
Plastic thrust washers control fore and aft movement without
binding up the suspension.
Bushings average life span is about 120,000 miles.

Old 03-02-2004, 09:34 AM
Woods
Pro

Default Re: For Sale Global West Susp. Del Alum Upper/lower Front Control Arm bushings (Woods)

ttt
Old 03-02-2004, 09:57 AM
NavyVet
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: For Sale Global West Susp. Del Alum Upper/lower Front Control Arm bushings (Woods)

Do the control arms have to be drilled for the grease fittings? What is different about the replacement shaft? Are they a press fit? I've heard that many top racers use them, but have no personal experience and don't think I know anyone who is using them. Thanks, Paul
Old 03-02-2004, 10:23 PM
Woods
Pro

Default Re: For Sale Global West Susp. Del Alum Upper/lower Front Control Arm bushings (NavyVet)

There are grease fittings but they are in the bushing itself. I'll send you a pic

[Modified by Woods, 10:25 PM 3/2/2004]
Old 03-02-2004, 10:26 PM
Woods
Pro

Todd and Dave sent you guys pics....Still for sale...make me an offer
Old 03-02-2004, 11:34 PM
bill mcdonald
Le Mans Master

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I will take em!!!!
you have the instructions?
what do you think shipping will be?

[Modified by bill mcdonald, 8:36 PM 3/2/2004]
Old 03-02-2004, 11:41 PM
superlund
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: For Sale Global West Susp. Del Alum Upper/lower Front Control Arm bushings (bill mcdonald)

You won't regret purchasing/installing the Del-Alums. Makes the car very predictable during turn in & under hard braking.

Mike is a great guy to deal with also....

-Jim
Old 03-03-2004, 01:15 PM
Woods
Pro

Default Re: For Sale Global West Susp. Del Alum Upper/lower Front Control Arm bushings (bill mcdonald)

I have the instructions. They are new in the box. Shipping should be about $9.00 dollars. I take paypal. I will email you the paypal account.

Thanks Superlund for the kind words

[Modified by Woods, 1:21 PM 3/3/2004]
Old 03-03-2004, 01:23 PM
Woods
Pro

I have the instructions. They are new in the box. Shipping should be about $9.00 dollars. I take paypal. I will email you the paypal account.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:34 PM
Woods
Pro

SOLD

Get notified of new replies

To For Sale Global West Susp. Del Alum Upper/lower Front Control Arm bushings

Quick Reply: For Sale Global West Susp. Del Alum Upper/lower Front Control Arm bushings