C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Digital dash questions for '95 coupe.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 09:42 PM
Dartvader
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital dash questions for '95 coupe.

Every once in awhile, the dash flashes this message, sys-sys-sys, and then goes about it's business. What does this mean? It all seems to work OK. The digital meters don't work, but the analogue ones are fine, so I haven't gotten alarmed about their failure to work. They simply read zero for each gauge function. Should I be worrying about this?Thanks for any advice.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:37 PM
MaxLean
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Well, it is indicating a problem... Actually there is likely a communication issue between the cluster and the CCM. It should have nothing to do with the engine opperation. You decide if it's important.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:38 PM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Dartvader
Every once in awhile, the dash flashes this message, sys-sys-sys, and then goes about it's business. What does this mean? It all seems to work OK. The digital meters don't work, but the analogue ones are fine, so I haven't gotten alarmed about their failure to work. They simply read zero for each gauge function. Should I be worrying about this?Thanks for any advice.
Do you have an aftermarket radio? If you do that can be the cause as well.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:32 AM
Vette73
LS/MFT
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

While the service engine light is used to indicate that a code has been set by the ECM, "SYS" indicates that a code-setting condition has been read by the CCM. You'll need to pull the CCM code (involves grounding the CCM diagnostic terminal and using the digital read out on the dash -- I think specific info is posted on the forum archives, or I can email to you). One question, does a '95 still uses OBDI, or had it converted to OBDII? If so, you'll need a Scan Tool to read the CCM code.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:44 AM
Dartvader
Instructor

This car does have an after market radio. I would not know visually how to determinen OBDI from OBDII, but unless it was changed, it would OBDI. If you can spare the time, I would apprciate an e-mail with more detailed info on getting stored codes from the ECU. Thanks. Since I can;t remember if my e-mail is posted in my pesonal profile, I will just post it here.My e-mail is spowell786@aol. Thanks again.

Last edited by Dartvader; 05-28-2005 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-28-2005, 04:19 PM
Vette73
LS/MFT
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

You've got mail.

Get notified of new replies

To Digital dash questions for '95 coupe.

Quick Reply: Digital dash questions for '95 coupe.