C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Before you put in Accel injectors, check for excess plastic under o-rings......

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2001, 09:26 PM
cohocarl
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Before you put in Accel injectors, check for excess plastic under o-rings......

F.Y.I.

I recently purchased a set of Accel 24#'ers and while installing them into the fuel rail, I noticed one top O-ring looked a little oblong. I pulled the O-ring up, and there was a little bit of excess yellow plastic that looked like it had squeezed out from between the two molds when the injector was built. It ran up the center tube that the O-ring rides on about 1/2 the way. I scraped it off with my fingernail, re-installed the O-ring and finished the rest of the injectors. Evidently I hadn't looked close enough on the ones that I had installed before this one because one leaked after I pumped it up. I took the fuel rail and injectors back out and inspected the leaker, and it also had a little bit of this "flash".

I was looking through the Camaro/Firebird forum yesterday, and a member had posted a question regarding his new, leaking injectors. I posted a reply similar to the above for a possibility, and another member posted a follow-up reply after mine that stated he had the exact same problem with his Accel injectors.

They fit and work great, but if you are going to install them, take a peek under your O-rings before you put them in.

Later,

Carl :crazy:
Old 08-04-2001, 12:26 AM
Midnite 88
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Before you put in Accel injectors, check for excess plastic under o-rings...... (cohocarl)

Carl,

I've been thinking that my '88 Auto needs new injectors. I have been contemplating the Accel 24# injectors and have seen that stock is 22#. Will the 24# injectors give me problems? O2 codes, running rich, clogged cats? I am running bone stock right now. I don't have plans on getting into the motor anytime soon. Possibly some bolt-on's.
Old 08-04-2001, 01:20 AM
Ezgoin721
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Before you put in Accel injectors, check for excess plastic under o-rings...... (cohocarl)

I don't like to hear that! I put 26# Accel's in my car and never checked any of them. Fortunatly none have leaked!
Old 08-05-2001, 02:13 AM
corvette1990
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a set of those #24's put on last month and did not experience any trouble yet. Thanks for the warning to look out for this.... :hat

Get notified of new replies

To Before you put in Accel injectors, check for excess plastic under o-rings......

Quick Reply: Before you put in Accel injectors, check for excess plastic under o-rings......