C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Air Compressor recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2001, 04:58 AM
GlockLT4
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Air Compressor recommendations?

I might be in the market for an air compressor if I can find a good deal on one. I plan on replacing my springs, so I'll need a compressor. I will probably just borrow a friends, but it sure would be nice to have a compressor and air tools to do some work. I have seen some around that have 6 gallon tanks for like $200. But I was hoping for something closer to like $100 or less. Any recommendations?
Old 08-07-2001, 09:17 AM
GUMPA
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Air Compressor recommendations? (Glock'94)

If you buy Cheap, you get Cheap .........:(

I rec. getting the kind that has a "Belt" running from the motor to the Compressor.............the ones with "Squirell Cages" don't hold up........I bought a Cambell-Hausfield and it "blew up" the third time....had to threaten the store to get my money back...........I now have a 6hp 60gal. Vert. unit and a 5hp Gas engine 20 gal. tank..........both from Sears......
Old 08-07-2001, 11:00 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

Default Re: Air Compressor recommendations? (Glock'94)

Listen to it run before purchasing! Some of the bargain compressors are LOUD. I bought the HD Campbell Hausfield
small unit and am very satisfied with it. I do not need the large tank to operate only the tools I use. It was about
$300 at Tractor Supply. Oh yeah, the first one that I got from Sam's was loud and disassembled itself while running :eek:
I promptly took it back.
Old 08-07-2001, 04:42 PM
VMAX451
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Air Compressor recommendations? (southern_son)

I agree with southern on listening to it run. I have a 25 gallon Craftsman (Devillbiss) which is they typical cheap single stage/oil-less/direct drive variety and it is very loud and unbelievably irritating. I only use it ocassionally but wow is it unpleasant to be around when it cycles on.

Get notified of new replies

To Air Compressor recommendations?

Quick Reply: Air Compressor recommendations?