C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

LT1:Port and polish or new heads?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2001, 01:32 PM
Chris@SD
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: LT1:Port and polish or new heads? (ce_me_vette)

All of our cams are custom ground and we can make a cam anywhere from mild to wild with anything in between. We would need to talk abou this because one persons idea of streetable is not necessarily yours.

As far as gas mileage, I have a 1994 6-Speed Vette with our Stage II heads and CC 306 cam(big cam). I have full exhaust computer, injectors, TB etc. etc. The last road trip I clocked my mileage on by filling the tank before leaving and filling it again when we arrived(not using the gas meter in the car) I got about 29.xxx miles to the gallon.
Incidentally, the onboard MPG meter was very close! I can't remember what it said, but it was very impressive!!!

Bottom line is, what ever you are looking for we can help you get there. We take each individual customer and work with them to find the exact parts that you will be happy with.
Let me know what you would like to do.
Thanks,
Old 09-13-2001, 02:00 PM
Timmy!
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: LT1:Port and polish or new heads? (2FST4U)

I have the GTP 2 Cam and someone elses Stage 1 heads am VERY pleased with it. I was really really worried about passing emissions with it, but it burned so clean that I was able to do a "fast pass" here in Colorado which the car didn't do with the stock cam - Go Figure!
See my sig for the rest of my mods.

Port, Polish and a cam is definitely what you need!
Old 09-13-2001, 03:10 PM
Chris@SD
Safety Car

Default Re: LT1:Port and polish or new heads? (I_HATE_Mustangs)

I hate Mustangs. That is great to hear. I am glad that cam worked out for you. That is awesome that is allowed you to do the quick pass! There is a lot more to cams than lift and duration and our cams are engineered to make the most power through efficiencies and finesse, not just brute force.
Old 09-13-2001, 11:59 PM
AquaMetallic94LT1
Safety Car

Default Re: LT1:Port and polish or new heads? (honas)

I suggest you consider looking at stock LT4 heads and intake and AFR 180 or 190 heads in addition to porting your LT1 heads. If you port your LT1 heads, spend the money to go to stage 2. That head will leave you with more opportunity to add hp to your motor down the road using the same head. Be sure to go with a professional porter like speed demon motor sports so you know what your getting. Anybody can port heads but not everybody can do them right.

Good Luck. :hat
Old 09-15-2001, 11:52 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: LT1:Port and polish or new heads? (honas)

Reread this :blueangel:

Quick Reply: LT1:Port and polish or new heads?