C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Sources for small plastic parts?

Old 09-26-2001, 01:06 AM
Tom Mieczkowski
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sources for small plastic parts?

In changing out my fuel filter on my LT4 a few weeks ago, I loosened up several of the plastic retaining clips and pieces used to secure the fuel lines, both where they come off the fuel rail (on the engine side of the filter) and were they attach the fuel lines aling the rocker panel and aft. Many of these pieces look they are due for replacement. Is there any alternative to GM/dealer ordering these things? Is there anyone making specialty platic parts and clips for Corvettes. Has anyone ordred these from a dealer? Are the prices the usual outrageous overcharge or are they reasonable?

Any info is appreciated.

Old 09-26-2001, 05:09 AM
Aggravated4life
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Sources for small plastic parts? (Tom Mieczkowski)

If youre talking abut the small black plastic pieces that the lines snap into there,and held onto the frame with a small bolt, you can get them from GM...dont know of any other supply store that carries them.
GM discontinued the clips on my 86 and I bought a few of the 96 style ones to work with my car, albeit I had some work to do to use them under the rocker panels etc.
The 86 used metal clips that rusted and were drilled in different places then where the 96 cars had them, but they were close enough to still use.

Theyre fairly cheap to buy and Id get them before GM discontinues them...that is unless someone here knows a better and cheaper source.
Some of the clips have 2 lines side byside and the bolt hole at the end, some clips have the lines on each end with the bolt going through the middle.Be sure to specify which ones you need.

Old 09-26-2001, 05:26 AM
Shayne
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sources for small plastic parts? (Tom Mieczkowski)

I scored some from an electrical shop...they are a circle thats open with a hole for a screw to go through...its palstic and works perfect...kinda shaped like the letter P ........or b and the srew goes the the straight part...which is where the cable passes through to get inside the circle once you put the bolt in the holder is closed......dang I hope you got the visual on this one..becouse Im out of ideas.... :D

Get notified of new replies

To Sources for small plastic parts?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sources for small plastic parts?