C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

car shakes at 65mph plus

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 09:11 PM
KCHOTBOAT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was the lower right one. I started to replace just the lower balljoints and then my thinking was since it was apart it would be a good time to lower the car, which lead to a new spring, which then since I was so far into I decided to replace the upper ball joints, which lead to going with poly bushing and new sway bars also. The car rides great now and I do like the ride better with the VB&P spring.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:20 PM
G-Sting
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by KCHOTBOAT
It was the lower right one. I started to replace just the lower balljoints and then my thinking was since it was apart it would be a good time to lower the car, which lead to a new spring, which then since I was so far into I decided to replace the upper ball joints, which lead to going with poly bushing and new sway bars also. The car rides great now and I do like the ride better with the VB&P spring.
Man, nice work. Good and thorough plus a Spring upgrade, poly bushings and lowering.

Personally, I think you ought to get it up to say... 160mph to just make sure it doesn't shake any more.

Quick Reply: car shakes at 65mph plus