C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

"90" Instrument/LCD problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 07:09 PM
kmillar
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default "90" Instrument/LCD problem

I'm hoping someone one can help me on this... After starting/boosting my car after winter, the first time driving it the LCD starting throwing random numbers. I checked for codes from the CCM and found no codes other than the C12. I changed out my battery and checked the voltage off my alternator (steady at 14.89V) at different engine speeds.

I followed the instructions in the FSM, checked the grounds, all ok. The FSM said to replace the cluster, I did and the replacement cluster is doing the same thing. The only other thing I can think of is a faulty CCM, as sometimes the C68 heater controls go from the "OFF" selected position to auto, no matter how many times I select the "OFF".

I'm pretty much out of ideas, can anyone help? How much is a CCM?
Old 06-08-2007, 08:56 PM
ChickMagnet
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kmillar
I'm hoping someone one can help me on this... After starting/boosting my car after winter, the first time driving it the LCD starting throwing random numbers. I checked for codes from the CCM and found no codes other than the C12. I changed out my battery and checked the voltage off my alternator (steady at 14.89V) at different engine speeds.

I followed the instructions in the FSM, checked the grounds, all ok. The FSM said to replace the cluster, I did and the replacement cluster is doing the same thing. The only other thing I can think of is a faulty CCM, as sometimes the C68 heater controls go from the "OFF" selected position to auto, no matter how many times I select the "OFF".

I just started having the same problem with my 91. The cluster is sporadic and giving me random numbers and weird read funny looking readouts. I'm interested to see what people have to say about this.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:49 AM
adi4
Burning Brakes

I had the same problem with the display on my 90 after it had been laid up over the winter, but after a while it cured itself

GM don't you just love it
Old 06-29-2007, 01:04 PM
DaSouthWon
Intermediate

I'd bet its still a ground problem or dirty/loose contact in the harness.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:37 PM
VtVette
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by kmillar

Hey Kmillar what ever became of this? My CCM is doing the same trick with my C68 heat-A/C system. Did you ever get this figured out?

Get notified of new replies

To "90" Instrument/LCD problem

Quick Reply: "90" Instrument/LCD problem