C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

rearturbo recipe

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 02:50 AM
holymoses
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rearturbo recipe

i know this has been talk about before but my wife gave me the goahead to start geting stuff.im wanting a big single in the back.my engine is a 383 with -11 brodix heads any help will be apprecited.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:12 AM
mn_vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by holymoses
i know this has been talk about before but my wife gave me the goahead to start geting stuff.im wanting a big single in the back.my engine is a 383 with -11 brodix heads any help will be apprecited.
Honestly, The best thing you can do is to buy Bruce's car. He's selling it at an unbelievablely low price. You can buy his entire car for less than it would take to build a rear mount setup for your car.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1723120
Old 06-07-2007, 09:15 AM
Brand-X
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 06-08-2007, 01:21 AM
holymoses
Heel & Toe

yeah thats a real good deal.i would get it but the vette i got me and my wife started dated in so
Old 06-08-2007, 07:45 AM
mn_vette
Melting Slicks

If you are going to do this yourself then you need to figure out a few things before you start.

What are your horsepower goals? This will determine what size turbo that you need to have, and since this is one of the larger purchases for the kit it would be nice to get it right on the first try.

How much boost are you going to be running? Which is typically a direct relation to your compression ratio of your engine.

What do you have for any type of fuel management and timing retard? Do you have an upgraded fuel pump? Will you need a dual setup with your horsepower goals?

Do you have a welder and chop saw? If you are doing the piping yourself then you'll need to invest in some. I bought a cheap $400 welder and spot welded everything and then had someone do the finish welding. You may be able to get an exhaust shop to build you some piping as well if you bring them the car.

Your other option is to wait and see if STS brings out their kit. I'm pretty sure they are doing the LT1 kit right now which I'm sure could be easily modified to fit the L98.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:13 PM
holymoses
Heel & Toe

ive had big block camaroand a supercharged vaga so ive had fast cars,but turbos and efi are new.i plan on geting a FAST setup,got the stuff to weld the piping.I'de like to get deap in the 9's i need to upgrade the fuel system and change the cam and if i need to go bigger on the engine i'll do that down the road i'll do it
Old 06-09-2007, 10:24 AM
mn_vette
Melting Slicks

If you are looking to get into the 9's then you're going to need a big T6 turbo. I believe you're going to need a 101mm turbo or bigger.

You'll also need an oil pump, shurflo pumps for campers and such have been used before. I've tried tilton pumps and they don't work.

Are you planning on running an a2a or air/water inctercooler?
Old 06-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Bruce
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Building a turbo C4 fron't mount or rear mounted for that matter. It doesn't come easy or cheap. Just think of it. Some people may think it easy to fabricate turbo for C4. The straight answer, is it NOT easy nor cheap. That is why there are not many turbo C4 running around.

Bruce

Get notified of new replies

To rearturbo recipe

Quick Reply: rearturbo recipe