C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Magnuson kit for LT1...Updates?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Received 500 Likes on 395 Posts

Default Magnuson kit for LT1...Updates?

After doing a search, there wasn't what I would call a definative answer on the availability of a kit for the LT1 Vettes up to now. There was only some vague reference to such a kit being in progress...maybe. Does anyone have an update as to availability of a kit and if so where can one learn more about it?

Thanks in advance.

P.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:20 AM
GS348
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Too Bad...

I got at all excited about this about a year and a half ago. My brother loves his Maggie on his C5; the twin screw design is pretty dependable. I would love to see what has happened with this project.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:42 PM
LPDesRoche
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

More than likely you will never see a C4 LT1 specific Maggie or Kenne Bell kit. There is no market for it. They might sell 50 units tops, hardly worth the R&D for a unit that will only fit on one model car. I mean for the 20 or 30 people here that really want to see one maybe 5-9 of them would actually purchase when push comes to shove. It's ashame because it would be really nice if it actually came about. The whole C4 hood thing is probably the bigger issue. A new C5 hood is not that involved or expensive. Now a C4 hood is another story. LOL
Old 06-27-2007, 10:10 AM
RacerX70CC
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's all about the market.

There might be a shop that would consider making something like that on a limited basis, but the costs would scare off any potential customers that were on the fence about it.

The C4 market is changing toward restoration, slowly but surely as more NCRS guys buy them and restore them.

Get notified of new replies

To Magnuson kit for LT1...Updates?

Quick Reply: Magnuson kit for LT1...Updates?