C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Where is you bottle?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 09:55 PM
clevette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is you bottle?

I'm thinking installing a NOS system. I do not want the bottle to be out in the open. Has anyone mounted their bottle out of view?
Old 06-27-2007, 01:32 AM
Outlander99
Intermediate

I believe some of the members have mounted the bottle in spare tire carrier area under the car. I myself just put mine in the back in plain site and pull the cargo cover over it.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:30 AM
wayne lowry
Melting Slicks

In the cargo area, I have seen them in the spare tire carrier however I wouldn't suggest that. It would be a p.i.t.a. to change and I wouldn't want to get rear ended with a bottle back there plus you lose your spare.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:28 AM
ubnpast
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well im using a 15lb bottle and put it in the hatch area. I like to watch people walking by the car and just start at it, then change positions to get a better look. I get asked "it that really hooked up?", "can it get any bigger?", and a few others.
I only drilled 2 holes in the drivers side compartment door cover, and took a razor and sliced in 2 small x's where the bolts would go, over the holes in the door.
You can always just pull over the security shade over it, and the top fits over it too.
If I were to do it again I would never get anything besides a 15 lb bottle, Ive had 10 pounders on my other cars and they never lasted long enough.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:40 AM
ubnpast
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another idea I saw someone do on here was stick the bottle in a gym bag, lol.

Get notified of new replies

To Where is you bottle?

Quick Reply: Where is you bottle?