C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

A/C and Air Pump delete

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 07:21 PM
littleredcorvette88
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi emo-vet

What did you end up doing for the delete? I have a 91 and would like to do the delete. Since this is such an old post the links no longer work for the info I need.

Did you swap out the tensioner pulley for a grooved one? If so do you remember the model #

What model belt did you get?

I'm running the smog pump delete pulley/bracket already...not sure if that would effect the belt length

Any Info would be great!
Old 10-29-2017, 06:10 AM
Schieby
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi,
I deleted the AIR pump, AC and belt tensioner at the same time. You don´t need those shitty AIR delete pulleys. You need a new, shorter belt, old school DIY alternator bracket with a slot to get tension. That´s all.....
Now everyone will tell you that won´t work, ´cause the water pump runs backwards. My 85 doesn´t care for over 3 years

....no cooling issues, even in heavy traffic , on the german Autobahn or on the dragstrip wit a 150 hp nitrous shot.

You see the DIY alternator bracket in the 1 o`clock position, can shoot more specific pics.....german backyard engeneering
Old 10-29-2017, 07:04 AM
Erik Schiebek
1st Gear

....her is another pic.....
Old 12-27-2017, 07:45 AM
Mat85kart
2nd Gear

Default Alternator bracket

Hey guys, first time here! I just bought a 85 trashed vette and i'm doiing a roadkill vettekart style rig! Just done the a/c and smog pump delete, and was looking for the best solution. Think i'll go with the last one, the old school slutted bracket. I will also take a reverse water pump juste to be sure, enyway it's just 30$ on rockauto. I'll send picture when done. Thanks
Old 02-24-2019, 03:46 PM
anthony Laughlin
1st Gear

Default When I do my ac delete on my 89 what do I do with all the wires?

I have a 1989 corvette and have dun a lot under the hood but I don't know too muck myself because I had help but there where a lot of loose wires after what do I do with those
Old 02-24-2019, 07:42 PM
BLKMAMBA
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

https://www.tpis.com/parts/view/62
Old 07-04-2021, 07:27 PM
Socalsalas
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My AC delete

I have a 94 base model. Removed all AC lines, condenser, accumulator, and compressor (TPIS bypass pulley). I left the blower and rvap/heater core so I could still use my defroster and interior fans.

What can I use to cover the AC inlet line ends leading to, and from, the evap/heater core?
Old 10-17-2022, 09:07 PM
sturmmorser2000
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What size belt are you using? Is the water pump pulley original cant tell from the pic?
Old 10-18-2022, 11:23 AM
Socalsalas
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sturmmorser2000
What size belt are you using? Is the water pump pulley original cant tell from the pic?
I cant remember the size of the belt, but it was whatever the FSM recomended. The water pump pulley was replaced when i replaced the water pump a few years ago. And i actually misunderstood about the air pump, which is for an earlier model than my 94.

I did end up buying the FSM and deleting all AC components succesfully though, dont need it where i live anyway theres a lot more room to work in there now, and the replacement pulley looks great in there. Plus, there is a noticeable difference in power I'd say below 40 mph

Quick Reply: A/C and Air Pump delete