C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

L98 power boost

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 04:12 PM
corvetteronw
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 247 Likes on 200 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Default L98 power boost

I think this has been posted before but here it is again for the newb. Your input as to the accuracy of this article is encouraged. It sounds like a flat out advertisement for TPIS to me.
http://www.corvettemagazine.com/1999.../l98/l98p1.asp
Old 07-12-2007, 05:49 PM
xflagz51
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just my .o2, but TPIS is one of the pioneers of computer controlled high performance as we know it today. As a matter of fact they one of the only companies left that pays any attention to the L98. They have there flaws, don't get me wrong. They push those Bosch Platinum+4's which are junk, and why wouldn't they. They are in the business of making money.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:08 PM
BADDUCK
Le Mans Master

Location: One day you're a Comet...the next day you're dust... Arkansas
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That article covers pretty normal mods that have been around quite a while.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die
Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

Is there more to this link than I'm getting, Ron? I'm trying to understand your point. While I've had it for awhile, I finally got around to reading their "Insiders Hints" book which covers mostly the L98 TPI system. While there were a few things and/or recommendations I disagreed with, overall it was a good read and definitely expanded my understanding of some things relating to EFI and managed engines. I think their overall approach is good and worthwhile for those who have done their homework and take nothing as gospel.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:13 PM
xflagz51
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette Kid
Is there more to this link than I'm getting, Ron? I'm trying to understand your point. While I've had it for awhile, I finally got around to reading their "Insiders Hints" book which covers mostly the L98 TPI system. While there were a few things and/or recommendations I disagreed with, overall it was a good read and definitely expanded my understanding of some things relating to EFI and managed engines. I think their overall approach is good and worthwhile for those who have done their homework and take nothing as gospel.
Can you list some of the things that you disagreed with?
Old 07-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Razor89
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by corvetteronw
I think this has been posted before but here it is again for the newb. Your input as to the accuracy of this article is encouraged. It sounds like a flat out advertisement for TPIS to me.
http://www.corvettemagazine.com/1999.../l98/l98p1.asp
I will not advertise for them, but I have used a lot of there parts and the outcome has been positive.

Get notified of new replies

To L98 power boost

Quick Reply: L98 power boost