C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Will This Stuff Work In My Differential???

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Steel Breeze
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Will This Stuff Work In My Differential???

Ok, my pictures didn't turn out to good. Just got this camera, and haven't figured out how to work it yet.

The Posi additive say's in fine print: prevents chattering, jerking & slipping. meets oem recommendation for limitied slip diffs. GM# 1052358, FORD# M2C118-A, CHRYSLER# 4318060, and most imports. 7oz. in container

The Gear Lube is full synthetic... Thanks...

Shot with 7M CCD CAMERA

Shot with 7M CCD CAMERA

Shot with 7M CCD CAMERA
Old 07-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 372 Likes on 308 Posts

It looks right, do check the gear lube label to see if it already has the LSD additive in it though. You don't need to add extra if so as to much is not needed.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Vito.A
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

It probably will work fine.
I put a new ring carrrier in my car a couple of months ago and I used Mobil 1 synthetic gear lube and added the GM positraction additive. It has been great with no chatter in and out of tight parking spots.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:33 PM
vinnies87
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

Per gordon (2) posi per change....
Old 07-12-2007, 11:38 PM
Steel Breeze
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I figured the gear oil would be fine, but was worried about the additive, as it is not the GM stuff. The container holds 7oz. Perhaps I should abondon that, and go with the GM stuff. Actually the rear end is out of the car. While I had the car apart as far as it was, I figured I would drop the carrier, drain the old oil, have it checked by my rear end guy, and put in new lube. I also glass beaded the bat wing. Well actually I put in 6 new U-joints, and did the whole 9 on it. Just not sure about that Posi Additive. Got it at NAPA, and they claimed it would work fine, no problems. Probably be better to be safe than sorry. Might have to go see the stealership...
Old 07-13-2007, 12:32 AM
etown brawler
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steel Breeze
I figured the gear oil would be fine, but was worried about the additive, as it is not the GM stuff. The container holds 7oz. Perhaps I should abondon that, and go with the GM stuff. Actually the rear end is out of the car. While I had the car apart as far as it was, I figured I would drop the carrier, drain the old oil, have it checked by my rear end guy, and put in new lube. I also glass beaded the bat wing. Well actually I put in 6 new U-joints, and did the whole 9 on it. Just not sure about that Posi Additive. Got it at NAPA, and they claimed it would work fine, no problems. Probably be better to be safe than sorry. Might have to go see the stealership...
the gear oil is good but i would stick with the gm posi additive ,2 bottles of it and your mint.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:35 AM
runner140*
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 282 Likes on 256 Posts

Tom, thats the exact combination I used. Works great.

Get notified of new replies

To Will This Stuff Work In My Differential???

Quick Reply: Will This Stuff Work In My Differential???