C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Needed: 3-bar DFI tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 01:52 PM
Brand-X
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Needed: 3-bar DFI tune

I changed my MAP to a 3-bar from a 2-bar. If you have a DFI Gen-VII, I would appreciate being able to view your VE table or tune for that matter. I have a good DFI Gen-VII, 2-bar tune, for a 394LT4 w/AFR-220 heads, 224-236 114lsa cam, making 16 PSI, that I could share.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:41 PM
mn_vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

You should be able to take your current mapping and modify it for a 3 bar setup.

It is basically a bunch of copy-paste steps, actually typing. If you load your normal profile and then change the MAP sensor type it should change the axis values in the VE and timing tables. You then need to adjust the values accordingly.

You can scale the axis values too and that will keep the typing to a minimum. so you use the first 8 lines for vaccume in the 2 bar, swap to a 3 bar and then change the axis values to match those you had in the 2 bar setup so the first 8 lines correspond to vaccume readings.

this gives you less resolution in the boost section, but keeps the driveability tune that you already have in your car.

I would like to take a look at your tune none the less if you don't mind sharing. If you could email it to me that would be cool, bmckevett@yahoo.com.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Brand-X
Pro

file sent...
Old 07-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Brand-X
Pro

Originally Posted by mn_vette
You should be able to take your current mapping and modify it for a 3 bar setup.

It is basically a bunch of copy-paste steps, actually typing. If you load your normal profile and then change the MAP sensor type it should change the axis values in the VE and timing tables. You then need to adjust the values accordingly.

You can scale the axis values too and that will keep the typing to a minimum. so you use the first 8 lines for vaccume in the 2 bar, swap to a 3 bar and then change the axis values to match those you had in the 2 bar setup so the first 8 lines correspond to vaccume readings.

this gives you less resolution in the boost section, but keeps the driveability tune that you already have in your car.

I would like to take a look at your tune none the less if you don't mind sharing. If you could email it to me that would be cool, bmckevett@yahoo.com.

Have you had a chance to look at the tune I sent you? What are your thoughts? If you dont mind, would appreciate seeing a copy of your tune, too.
Thanks,
Chris

Get notified of new replies

To Needed: 3-bar DFI tune

Quick Reply: Needed: 3-bar DFI tune