C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Tracking weird

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 12:21 PM
conrad
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tracking weird

Ok, many changes resently... bought a 93 LT1 and auto trans with 26K for $2200, sold my 92 LT1 w/96K for $1000 (Steve) and trans for $225 (Warren), bought a Hot Cam kit, chrome proform valve covers, CSR electric water pump, pcmforless - Alvin tune, 2500 stall converter, 3.07 gears and carrier, K & N filter, put all of it in my 92 convertible (my Mechanic did). Runs good, but, tracking strange... We need to pull out the rear and see what went wrong... I can be going straight at 40MPH give it a little gas... maybe 200 RPM's via a little jab at the throttle and you can feel the car flex one way with the RPM's going up and the other when they go down... hard to explain... I am thinking the C-Beam or half shafts?? Any ideas??? Thanks to all for the above mod's can't wait to run it hard once we have it tracking correctly...
Old 07-24-2007, 12:43 PM
86SilverBullet
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm certainly no expert but my '86 was doing exactly what you describe and it turned out to be the halfshaft ujoints. I also had some pretty audible clicking and clunking when put in gear.

Quick Reply: Tracking weird