C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

(heat-A/C system) - Does a '91 Vette have a vacuum water valve?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 10:58 PM
VtVette
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Default (heat-A/C system) - Does a '91 Vette have a vacuum water valve?

My '85 has a vacuum operated water valve on the coolant pipe that leads to the heater core to limit the coolant that flows to the heater core when the heat is "off". Does a '91 with the C68 electronic climate control system have any such device? Does the C68 electronic climate control system control water flow to the heater core in any way and if so how does it do so? I have a FSM but have been unable to find any reference to a water control valve of any kind.

thanks,
Old 07-24-2007, 11:12 PM
zr1fred
Race Director

Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

I believe they just use a door to regulate heat, the water is always going through the core. (those #*!! valves)
Old 07-25-2007, 09:14 AM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 172 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by zr1fred
I believe they just use a door to regulate heat, the water is always going through the core. (those #*!! valves)
Correct, it was like that in 89 as well (no valve)

How is the interior swap coming?
Old 07-25-2007, 12:12 PM
VtVette
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by -=Jeff=-
Correct, it was like that in 89 as well (no valve)

How is the interior swap coming?
It's actually coming along really well. I've meant to send you an E-mail and post some info in my swwap thread but I haven't had the time. The dash frame, heater box and wiring are all in. I've been chasing down small issues here and there but at this point the CCM and ECU are talking to each other, all the gauges seem to be working, C68 climate control is working, blower motor, power windows, all that seem to be working. Just last night I bypassed my VATS (ended up using my '85 column with the '91 electrical guts like you did to retain the telescopic function so no VATS decoder in the ignition column) and cranked her over. She sputtered a bit so it seems she's got spark. It was 1:00am and it's dead silent in my condo area at night so I didn't want to wake the neighbors but today when I get home I'll work on getting her running. Once I confirm that she runs I can start putting in the carpet and install the dash pad for good.

Tonight I'm also painting my '96 bumpers and trim so I can put those on this weekend. All in all she's coming together nicely.

A little birdie told me you got a ZR1!! I've got to get over to the ZR1 section and see if you've posted a thread about that. I know that was a goal of yours for some time now. congradulations!

Get notified of new replies

To (heat-A/C system) - Does a '91 Vette have a vacuum water valve?

Quick Reply: (heat-A/C system) - Does a '91 Vette have a vacuum water valve?