C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

AIR pump eliminator question

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 01:35 PM
Lieutenant 804
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AIR pump eliminator question

I bought an AIR pump eliminator from MAM, put it on and now my serpentine belt is too loose. The tensioner is maxed out. In the catalog it says "Best of all, You can use your original serpentine belt" but when I called they admitted that the original belt will no longer work. Then to add to the customer satisfaction, they don't know what size belt is needed.
Has anybody gone through this already and possibly know what belt size is needed?
Many thanks in advance.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:49 PM
8888vette
Racer

Default belt

Originally Posted by Lieutenant 804
I bought an AIR pump eliminator from MAM, put it on and now my serpentine belt is too loose. The tensioner is maxed out. In the catalog it says "Best of all, You can use your original serpentine belt" but when I called they admitted that the original belt will no longer work. Then to add to the customer satisfaction, they don't know what size belt is needed.
Has anybody gone through this already and possibly know what belt size is needed?
Many thanks in advance.
take some rope and place the rope aruond all the pulley that it need to go to with some tension and then measure the rope that will give you and idea of the size you need
Old 08-06-2007, 03:00 PM
vinnies87
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

Or you can use a cloth tape measure, wrap it around to get the inch size then go and match
Old 08-06-2007, 08:02 PM
CRV3TT3
Burning Brakes

i made my own and took the original belt and wrapped it around all the pullies and cut it to length, measured it, went to autozone and got the right length belt!
Old 08-07-2007, 08:16 AM
GIJoe
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

the MAM one must be different. I have the BPP elim pulley and ive always been able to use stock belts.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:42 PM
Corn Flakes
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lieutenant 804
Many thanks in advance.
They admitted it no longer worked? That can't be good for business. They sell shorter belts for there off road pullies. You could try that one or atleast ask them about it.

Get notified of new replies

To AIR pump eliminator question

Quick Reply: AIR pump eliminator question