C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Why does the LT4 knock module work WORSE than the LT1 KM?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 03:52 PM
wrd1972
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rickreeves1
Sounds the a BA machine you got there. Call some of the tuners PCMFORLESS, Madtuner, etc., maybe this is something they have seen before. Also try posting this problem on the CamaroZ28 forum under the tuning or advance section. I'll try searching to see if I can find some info on this.

I have posted on cz28.com, ls1tech.com both. Everyone is blaming it on false knock which appears likely to be the case. No one can explain the behavior between the two knock sensors.

Some post that they dont have the problems while others do. I have spoken to Ion at madz28.com, he sent me a slightly richer tune and wanted me to run 100 octane fuel which I did, no improvement. He now want a dyno sheet to see the A/F ratio, I am waiting for cooler weather to do this so that the information is as accurate as possible.

I have not dealt with pcmforless.com although I have not ruled that out. I currently have the unlimited tune package with Ion so I want to work with him.

Quick Reply: Why does the LT4 knock module work WORSE than the LT1 KM?