C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Heads Experts Please!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2001, 10:05 PM
0ski_dwn_it
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Heads Experts Please!!!!!

Guys I ordered a set of AFR 190 heads and got the 68cc. I later found out the stock l98 heads are 58cc. Will this decrease performance any if they are not 58cc. PLease advise so I can change the order. Thank a million. I also have a question in to Craig who helped me get a great deal on these. Thanks again.
Old 11-08-2001, 10:27 PM
Black 'n Blue
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Heads Experts Please!!!!! (ski_dwn_it)

If all you are doing is swapping heads, it will decrease your compression ratio,
and also hurt your performance. If you're doing a complete rebuild, you can get
pistons that will compensate for the difference.
Old 11-08-2001, 10:59 PM
95CYC4
Instructor

Well maybe now you got a better reason for a blower or a turbo with having the lower compression ratio. Just my thoughts on the subject. Good luck. :cheers:
Old 11-08-2001, 11:06 PM
0ski_dwn_it
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Heads Experts Please!!!!! (95CYC4)

Fudge,
I knew I was right when talking with that guy, but I left my info at my other house and I swore it was 58cc but I let him talk me into it. Well I am sure that I can have it changed since he is only calling the order in tomorrow. Thanks for the information. I wonder how much this would hurt the performance. Or could I get a thinner head gasket? I will have them milled by AFR but just wondering. It would be nice to be able to leave them as is in the event I wanted to go crazy with a blower.....hmmmmm now you have me thinking.....no that is all I am planning this winter.....I have to get married this summer....by the way all are invited.....just kidding...I wish I could ....hell if your in the area...stop by...only requirement is bring your vette!! Thanks guys.
Old 11-08-2001, 11:11 PM
vette punk
Racer

If I am not mistaken TPiS angle mills their version of the AFR 190 heads to achieve a compression ratio/chamber volume that the customer requests. Chris at TPiS suggests about 54cc chambers with the stock pistons for a small but noticable increase in compression/power.
Vette Punk :conehead

Get notified of new replies

To Heads Experts Please!!!!!

Quick Reply: Heads Experts Please!!!!!