C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

AFR 210 Eliminator LTX Heads *Iportant* / questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 11:30 AM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

How would an LT1 manifold work here? Since the ports are not 'raised' runners maybe it would make it easier to port to match the head ports.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:02 PM
MarkBychowski
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I may have created some confusion: the only reason the top of my ports don't line up is because my LT4 intake was already significantly ported. There was too much material removed from my intake at the top of the port because it was ported to match the GM 'off-road' gasket which is slightly taller than the AFR port. All the other demensions (port position, width, etc) match up perfectly.

A stock LT4 manifold's ports would line up just fine. Obviously you'd want to have it ported to enlarge the runners and match it up with the heads perfectly, though. Like I said, mine was just ported a little too much.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:12 PM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Hopefully they have eliminated the oil return issues with their older version LTx heads. I have two sets of the earlier designed LT4 210s and when you remove the valve covers the oil level that is retained in the heads are right at the valve cover gasket sealing surface. That sux because when the engine is running that area is flooded with oil which means that the spring pockets are also flooded with oil. Which means there is a high potential for oil being sucked into the valve guides and into your engine which in my case that is what is happening.

Quick Reply: AFR 210 Eliminator LTX Heads *Iportant* / questions