C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

WOW - My dyno results for my 383 SuperRam

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 05:21 PM
neat
Melting Slicks

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 88BlackZ-51
At the end of the day. I would love to see some 1/4 mile times, and some dynojet dyno numbers.
So would I.

Josh. If you were to spend big bucks like Husker did. Wouldnt u know what cam/heads, and all the parts into your motor? Why the wait to tell us? Time will tell.
I would know, I would know exactly what was in the car because I would have put it together. Huskers isn't me though.

If you spent the big money on a motor, would you build it loose or tight, and why? What sort of ring gap would you use? Ring thickness? Would you go zero deck, keep the piston down in, or try to pop it out of the block some at TDC? What kind of rod stretch would you be looking for at 6,000 RPM's? Where would you put the rear cam bearing, all the way in the back, the middle, or the front of the journal? There's hundreds of questions that most people can't answer about their motors. The questions I asked are just as important to how a motor runs as what heads are on it, what cam is in it, and whether or not the intake is ported.

My point is that there is a boat load more to it than just component selection. Huskers may not know for sure what components he has, but your just as ignorant about all the other stuff. Whose to say your ignorance is better than his? Even in the car you have now, I'll bet you don't have any idea where the rear cam bearing is. You probably spent over 10K on your car, if you use the argument that you are using against Huskers, you SHOULD know because you spent 'the big bucks.'

Originally Posted by JAKE
The problem some, including me, have is the lack of specific information on the engine.

If you read posts on other forums about engine build-up power claims, track times, etc., you'll see the same responses and questioning. It basically becomes an issue of credibility.
I agree that specifics are important, no doubt about it. However, just because someone doesn't know, or post, exactly what their combo is doesn't mean it isn't making the numbers.

The problem that I have is people being *******s to the guy for no real reason. I'm no less guilty than anyone else, but damn people. He came on here, posted what his builder told him, kept us up to date through the whole struggle, and finally updated us with his RWHP numbers. Instead of being thanked he gets, "Your numbers are bull **** and you must be too stupid to know what's in your motor because you won't post it."

In my opinion, questions are one thing, being a ***** about it is quite another.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:43 PM
88BlackZ-51
Race Director

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Dont kid yourself Neat. You have been a ***** as well to alot of people on this forum. I am actually suprised that you are backing the man that doesnt have his profile filled out. I guess you little guys have to stick together.

Anyways, I am done with this thread. Its becoming rather rediculious.

Have a good night.

Last edited by 88BlackZ-51; 11-01-2007 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:00 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 372 Likes on 308 Posts

Dont kid yourself Neat. You have been a ***** as well to alot of people on this forum. I am actually suprised that you are backing the man that doesnt have his profile filled out. I guess you little guys have to stick together.

Have a good night.
I am seeing 55 Robert Bradys in PA.

Rick, I think you might get a time out for that.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:20 PM
VETTEHIGH
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any of you are welcomed to my house . No, I do not know all the specs from top to bottom, I do NOT care to know and I did not even ask. Funny, when I called and spoke with a tech via Doug Rippie Motorsports 3.5 months ago, he mentioned Bob Brady's name as a source. Well to the doubters, are you now going to say Doug Rippie does not now what the hell his team is talking about . I just know I had a great guy take care of me in the end. Yes it took 11 weeks, but the end result was awesome. I have some knowledge of engines, I have a lot of knowledge when it comes to getting the skills to furnish what I need. Again, I do not need to know what it all has, I did not even ask. My numbers, my drive - it's all damn good!!

Last edited by VETTEHIGH; 11-01-2007 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:28 PM
chriswtx
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I still find it very hard to believe that he is making 415 rwhp with an auto with a 383, and a cam similar to a hotcam.
That cam "Looks" similar to the hot cam. But look at the lift numbers. .570/.565 compared to the hot cam .525. Looks like is a Compcam ground on the very agressive XER lobes. They act like alot larger cam that they appear at .050. Alot more aera on the lobe with faster lift rates..It should make alot more HP and TQ than the wimpy hot cam...

But numbers do look a little high for an AUTO. ...
Old 11-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Z51L9889
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad you're happy with the outcome. It sounds like it will be a ton of fun!
Old 11-01-2007, 06:35 PM
88BlackZ-51
Race Director

Originally Posted by huskers
Any of you are welcomed to my house . No, I do not know all the specs from top to bottom, I do NOT care to know and I did not even ask. Funny, when I called and spoke with a tech via Doug Rippie Motorsports 3.5 months ago, he mentioned Bob Brady's name as a source. Well to the doubters, are you now going to say Doug Rippie does not now what the hell his team is talking about . I just know I had a great guy take care of me in the end. Yes it took 11 weeks, but the end result was awesome. I have some knowledge of engines, I have a lot of knowledge when it comes to getting the skills to furnish what I need. Again, I do not need to know what it all has, I did not even ask. My numbers, my drive - it's all damn good!!
Right on man! Have fun with the car.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:51 PM
CFI-EFI
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

NEAT!
Shame on you! You have the audacity to challenge the man that has queried every engine combo possible, for horse power, torque, and ET data? The nerve!. He has to have a data bank of power and performance that would include cutting 2" off the straight pipe on your Briggs & Stratton.
As opposed to the BIG GUYS like Mr. Data bank, himself, 88BlackZ-51.

RACE ON!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 07:02 PM
88BlackZ-51
Race Director

Originally Posted by CFI-EFI
NEAT!
Shame on you! You have the audacity to challenge the man that has queried every engine combo possible, for horse power, torque, and ET data? The nerve!. He has to have a data bank of power and performance that would include cutting 2" off the straight pipe on your Briggs & Stratton.As opposed to the BIG GUYS like Mr. Data bank, himself, 88BlackZ-51.

RACE ON!!!
Just what I expected from you. No class!

Last edited by 88BlackZ-51; 11-01-2007 at 07:08 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:12 PM
CFI-EFI
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Just what I expected from you. No class!
Class? What class does the man that posts this have?
Dont kid yourself Neat. You have been a ***** as well to alot of people on this forum.
What would YOU know about class? Why the " " when cussing me out? Do you think you were funny or did you think I was? And why the attack on me? All I was doing was helping you berate Neat. It takes real class to attack one's allies, huh? But then YOU are the expert on class. I am hurt. I am just devastated to think I might have riled one of the BIG BOYS.

RACE ON!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Cental/South NJ Events Coordinator
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
CI-II Burnout & Drag Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

I'm just going to ban everyone in this thread.
The following users liked this post:
C4ProjectCar (01-12-2021)

Quick Reply: WOW - My dyno results for my 383 SuperRam