C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Front end updates

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 11:18 AM
EvanD
Drifting

Received 244 Likes on 155 Posts

Default Front end updates

I put new wheel bearinds and u joints out back. So what should I do for the front? 1992 MN6 Coupe 117,000 miles.

How do I check ball joints, tie rod joints, and bushings?

I want to do everything then get a good alignment... I want to try and get some decent mielage out of this set of GSD3's.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:17 AM
MotorCity_87_C4
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by EvanD
I put new wheel bearinds and u joints out back. So what should I do for the front? 1992 MN6 Coupe 117,000 miles.

How do I check ball joints, tie rod joints, and bushings?

I want to do everything then get a good alignment... I want to try and get some decent mielage out of this set of GSD3's.
There are some good write ups in the manuals on how to check. There are wear indicators on the lower ball joints.

I got 160k miles on my 87 and I'm just going to replace everything. Already have the new balljoints and tie rod ends and bought poly control arm bushing. If you have rubber bushing check to see if they are cracked or oblong shaped. You may want to check the sway bar bushings and end bushings too. All my rubber bushings are cracked and rotting.

Quick Reply: Front end updates